PDA

View Full Version : Has this ever happened to you?

Gamblor
06-11-2003, 01:58 AM
Well I don't really know how to start except by posting the stats - This was a $20 sit and go on PokerStars, 9 players.

During current Hold'em session you were dealt 2 hands and saw flop:
- 3 out 53 times while in big blind (0%)
- 0 out 5 times while in small blind (0%)
- 0 out 5 times in other positions (0%)
- a total of 3 out of 73 (4%)
Pots won at showdown - 0 of 0 (0%)
Pots won without showdown - 2

The only hands I won were folded around to me in the BB.
Not one pocket pair. Only decent hand I had was AQo on the button, but raised all in and reraised all in before it got to me.

I finally made a stand with T455 with ATo called by 2 players, and of course lost when the flop came 888. Pocket 5s wins.

Unreal. I didn't have anything remotely playable, and by playable I include any A w/ Ten or higher, any pocket pair above 4.

Maybe I'm just blowing off a little steam here, but anyone else have a story like this?

Gamblor

Al_Capone_Junior
06-11-2003, 02:12 AM
By the time i finish an average multi-table tournament, I'm rarely seeing more than 9% of flops. Seems you got a few less on your run there.

al

MazMan
06-11-2003, 12:57 PM
Short answer: Yes. I've been playing online tournaments for about a year now, and have found that I can literally get blinded without doing anything other than OCCASIONALLY completing in SB. Runs like this are the reason for people throwing around ideas like "the Cashout Theory" and such, but it seems more likely that its just something that happens from time to time. I've also gotten suited cards for entire rotations before, the statistical oddities of two random cards over thousands of hours are far more intriguing than you'd initially think.