PDA

View Full Version : Firewall friendly poker sites

zoobird
10-28-2005, 08:47 AM
Anybody have suggestions of firewall friendly poker sites that offer freerolls? I just moved into a new office and have found that some sites work and others don't. I'm fairly certain my company isn't explicitly blocking access to some, so it must be something about how the firewall is configured and how the technology for each site works. UltimateBet and JetSet are fine. Party, Absolute, Bet365, and Hollywood Poker don't work.

BluffTHIS!
10-28-2005, 09:58 AM
You need to find sites that have web-based clients so that it is not necessary to download software and have the firewall enable access to ports which you don't have authority to do.

zoobird
10-28-2005, 10:00 AM
Great suggestion. Thanks! Not sure why I didn't think of that.

Rick H
10-28-2005, 10:29 AM
I'm in a similar situation; found that Gaming Club is only one I can use at work. It will error out on loading, then reconfigure and load tables OK. Usually takes it about a minute to go thru this procedure.

Bradyams
10-28-2005, 02:16 PM
I had this problem with the University's firewall in the dorms for one semester last year. The only site I could get to work was Pokerstars, but I had to change a port setting in a certain file. I think it made it so PS used the same port your browser does so the firewall didn't block it.

E-mail PS support for more information on how to do it.