PDA

View Full Version : To be or not to be [a chicken]

Escotme
10-28-2005, 07:34 AM
6-max, 30 NL.
Read on villains: scant at best. Villain 2 has played too many hand in the short term I've been at the table. Villain 1 plays more like the table average - semi-loose, aggressive - but hasn't done anything that stands out.

** Bomb House Lane [Hold 'em] (0.15|0.30 No Limit - Cash Game) Real Money

- Hero sitting in seat 1 with $28.35
- Villain1 sitting in seat 2 with $22.65
- Villain2 sitting in seat 4 with $4.78
- ZeroZone sitting in seat 5 with $49.34 [Dealer]
- PittBull sitting in seat 6 with $20.05

PittBull posted the small blind - $0.15
Hero posted the big blind - $0.30

** Dealing card to Hero: 7 /images/graemlins/spade.gif, 8 /images/graemlins/club.gif
Villain1 called - $0.30
Villain2 called - $0.30
ZeroZone folded
PittBull folded
Hero checked

** Dealing the flop: A /images/graemlins/club.gif, 7 /images/graemlins/heart.gif, 8 /images/graemlins/spade.gif
Hero bet - $0.60
Villain1 raised - $1.20
Villain2 went all-in - $4.48
Hero raised - $7.76
Villain1 went all-in - $21.15
Hero ??

Hattifnatt
10-28-2005, 07:56 AM
Very tough spot.

Bet a buck on the flop instead of 0.60.

I probably muck this, but it's close, very close.

Escotme
10-28-2005, 08:11 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Bet a buck on the flop instead of 0.60.

[/ QUOTE ]

The weak bet was deliberate - I wanted a hard come back from an ace and everything went accoring to plan... until villain1 pushed it up my face. I wanted him to call my raise and then I'd planned on value betting the whole way home.

I'll see if I can get some more responses before I post the results.

4_2_it
10-28-2005, 08:23 AM
I call this and hope to win the big side pot. Hopefully Villain 2 is the one with the set.

Hattifnatt
10-28-2005, 08:27 AM
Ok - I see you point but: The bet wasnt weak and it wasnt strong. I just don't like it. Don't take it personally though. /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Escotme
10-28-2005, 08:31 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I call this and hope to win the big side pot. Hopefully Villain 2 is the one with the set.

[/ QUOTE ]

Very good point - I must confess that I didn't think about the side pot in the heat of the moment. However, what do you put villain1 on that you can beat?

Escotme
10-28-2005, 08:37 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Ok - I see you point but: The bet wasnt weak and it wasnt strong. I just don't like it. Don't take it personally though. /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry if I made you perceived me as unappreciative of your feedback - quite the opposite is true. For me to improve my thought-process, I believe I have to share it so it can be analyzed by the collective brain trust of this forum.

In fact, in a way I'm glad you too interpreted my bet as inadequate. That means the head fake works. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

10-28-2005, 08:47 AM
I like a call here. Unless someone hit top 2, you have the best hand because its unlikely either has AA.

10-28-2005, 08:55 AM
Unless its a set of Aces... which doesnt look likely from early betting. Maybe a mid pair (99?)

Escotme
10-28-2005, 09:14 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I like a call here. Unless someone hit top 2, you have the best hand because its unlikely either has AA.

[/ QUOTE ]

So I put the same question to you as 4_2_it: what hands do you think I beat that would counterweigh sets (AA, 77, 88) or 2 pair (A7, A8)? Do you seriously think enough players would play medium pairs, like 99, like villain1 did to make a call +EV?

10-28-2005, 09:20 AM
The short stack has Ax - maybe suited. He hit the top pair and is trying to double up. The big stack... hmmm...now that I think about it, he raised and reraised. He has a middle set I think. Maybe 88? Ewww - this is a nasty situation.

Escotme
10-28-2005, 10:17 AM
[ QUOTE ]
6-max, 30 NL.
Read on villains: scant at best. Villain 2 has played too many hand in the short term I've been at the table. Villain 1 plays more like the table average - semi-loose, aggressive - but hasn't done anything that stands out.

** Bomb House Lane [Hold 'em] (0.15|0.30 No Limit - Cash Game) Real Money

- Hero sitting in seat 1 with $28.35
- Villain1 sitting in seat 2 with $22.65
- Villain2 sitting in seat 4 with $4.78
- ZeroZone sitting in seat 5 with $49.34 [Dealer]
- PittBull sitting in seat 6 with $20.05

PittBull posted the small blind - $0.15
Hero posted the big blind - $0.30

** Dealing card to Hero: 7 /images/graemlins/spade.gif, 8 /images/graemlins/club.gif
Villain1 called - $0.30
Villain2 called - $0.30
ZeroZone folded
PittBull folded
Hero checked

** Dealing the flop: A /images/graemlins/club.gif, 7 /images/graemlins/heart.gif, 8 /images/graemlins/spade.gif
Hero bet - $0.60
Villain1 raised - $1.20
Villain2 went all-in - $4.48
Hero raised - $7.76
Villain1 went all-in - $21.15
Hero ??

[/ QUOTE ]

Hero folded

** Dealing the turn: T /images/graemlins/heart.gif

** Dealing the river: 2 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif
Villain1 shows: J /images/graemlins/heart.gif, A /images/graemlins/diamond.gif
Villain2 shows: A /images/graemlins/spade.gif, 4 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif
Villain1 wins $13.77 from the main pot
Villain1 wins $20.00 from side pot 1

...so the chicken suit will have to come out of the closet again. /images/graemlins/crazy.gif

Unfortunately, villain1 left the table right after this pot, so I didn't get a chance to get even. But he's on my buddy list. (Yeah, I could also give him credit for making a stellar play, getting the winning hand to fold, but I think villain1 and 2 had a private thing going and he wanted me out before he realized/understood what he did.)

10-28-2005, 04:40 PM
Anyone else think villain1 might just be making a (poor) attempt to isolate with the short-stack all-in?

From the results, that looks like what he did. Of course, any sets, and many 2-pair might call him down (sadly, you didn't).

4_2_it
10-28-2005, 04:46 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Anyone else think villain1 might just be making a (poor) attempt to isolate with the short-stack all-in?

From the results, that looks like what he did. Of course, any sets, and many 2-pair might call him down (sadly, you didn't).

[/ QUOTE ]

That was the point of my post. You call the 2nd all-in because AK, AQ (in this case AJ) will go all in to isolate and try to get better hands and draws to fold.

4_2_it
10-28-2005, 04:47 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Very good point - I must confess that I didn't think about the side pot in the heat of the moment. However, what do you put villain1 on that you can beat?

[/ QUOTE ]

I know you already posted what he had, but I think you see AK or AQ a lot here. They can't lay it down, but they know they are beat if they get two callers.