PDA

View Full Version : Get Drunk/Stoned For 20 Year High School Reunion?

Bill Murphy
06-11-2003, 12:31 AM
This Friday. The 13th. /forums/images/icons/shocked.gif

I won't be driving.

I was a longhaired metalhead back in the day, but a total loser w/the girls, despite a number of subtle hints, if no direct offers... /forums/images/icons/confused.gif /forums/images/icons/mad.gif /forums/images/icons/frown.gif

Oh, yeah, didn't mind the occ'l pop 'n puff back then, either. /forums/images/icons/wink.gif

Haven't smoked in nine years. The last time I did I got REAL paranoid driving home(drunk, too), but had a good time at the (small) party. Didn't drink at all from 7/95-12/01; since then been really drunk twice, buzzed ~5 times, had 1-2 beers ~10 times. One of the "really drunks" included Jagermeister, and that WILL be the last time that happens again.... /forums/images/icons/tongue.gif Beer only.

There was this plain Jane girl in HS. Seen her two years after HS=looked like a Playmate. Gave me a big hello, and I was so drunk & shocked by her new appearance that I pretty much blew her right off(I was walking-running to get to a bar in time for happy hour's commencement). Never saw her again and always regretted it for the rudeness alone, never mind anything else.

Apparently, she's a big wig architect in town here now. Seen from her website that she still uses her maiden name, tho that means nothing, of course. Looked aight fae the picture, tho it was face only.

Sent her a "Howdy" e-mail just now. There'll by three other girls there that I had major hots for & was friendly with back then but never moved on(my self-esteem then was on Columbine killer level). At least two are married w/kid, but I plan on doing the ol' "always fancied ye but wis too shy" routine anyway, just as a conscience clearer. Seems to have been well-received at wedding receptions, etc. the last few years, although its generated nae action(all of 'em were unavailable).

Party's BYOB. So how 'bout it; sixer ay St. Pauli NA's or sixer of Corona Extras? Six CE's'll have me flying high, although add'l's(which I'll surely be looking for /forums/images/icons/grin.gif ) at that point'll just make the hangover worse; won't make me any sloppier. Tolerance come down a bit o'er the years; in 1983 I'd'a drunk a sixer in the car driving to the party. /forums/images/icons/crazy.gif

I was 99% towards sober before finding out today the one lassie was going to be there. As fir the ganj, two fellas I'm going with like to be Cheech n' fookin Chong. Still going strong after twenty years but; Masters degrees, kids, mortgages n aw. Should I go out in a "blaze" of glory, one last time, in order to magnify the sickness of the whole event?

On a related note, seen where they're now saying that using a bong takes out the fooking THC n leaves aw the tar n nicotine! Fvck me. Wish I'd'a known THAT back then, among other things... /forums/images/icons/smirk.gif /forums/images/icons/cool.gif /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif

HDPM
06-11-2003, 10:05 AM
Go sober and see what the women are like. /forums/images/icons/grin.gif Blazes of glory often aren't.

Rick Nebiolo
06-11-2003, 12:24 PM
Bill,

If what you really are now is a person who doesn't drink much, then don't drink much if at all. If you think you might meet someone, why get it started under false pretenses? But if it is BYOB and you want to drink a little and think a six pack is too much, bring a six pack and plan to give a few away at the party and don't take any in trade.

~ Rick