PDA

View Full Version : Lost

Drontier
10-28-2005, 05:24 AM
Home game. For the past 2 hours, I've played 2 hands. Its an 8 handed game with a player sitting out. 1/2 NL i have 500 in front, villain has 450. Villain makes a lot of these leads at pots on the flop with weak hands. I open raise KJc UTG to 6. Loose player calls on the button and villain calls in the bb.
Flop QhQc5h
Villain bets 10, i make it 30. Loose player folds, Villain calls.
Turn Jh
Villain bets 30. Hero's action?(ive never seen this second donk before, but flop donk generally is weak)

Malachii
10-28-2005, 05:37 AM
What do you put him on here other than a flush or trips?

Drontier
10-28-2005, 05:45 AM
at first I thought he could be leading with a 5 or a pp or just air on the flop. When he calls, I assume its not air(i dont think he makes big moves like this). I can not put him on trips, because flop donk is weak for him like 90%, but flush is certainly possible. I just dont understand the turn donk with a flush.

Malachii
10-28-2005, 05:46 AM
Why wouldn't he bet a flush here?

Drontier
10-28-2005, 05:49 AM
he would. but the bet makes no sense. 30 is a small bet, but doesn't seems small enough to be blocking. It seems like if he checks, it is obvious I'm betting around 40(the tone of the game). hes not betting weak enough here to ask for a raise, but hes not getting paid off in full if he has a flush.

Malachii
10-28-2005, 05:52 AM
The only thing you're beating is a medium pocket pair. If you think this is his most likely holding based on bet size and your experience with him, call and see what develops on river. Otherwise fold.

wtfsvi
10-28-2005, 06:15 AM
You have a very tight image, so you decide to raise something other than AA-JJ/AK utg to take advantage of that. Good/Fine. But KJ is a horrible hand for the purpouse. You won't hit a concealed monster (you hit two pair, oponents may very well put you on KK or JJ, you hit broadway, oponents may very well put you on AA/QQ/TT, you hit KKx, oponents may very well put you on AK (or worse yet, have AK themselves). Now 46s on the other hand.