PDA

View Full Version : ALL IN MACHINE

10-28-2005, 04:41 AM
hey, i recently was playing a heads-up tourney and my opponent went all in on almost every hand. If he didn't he'd fold or limp in. If I limped in he would go all in or check to see flop and fold or all in. After folding a bunch of hands (It seemed every hand I never had a card higher than a 8) I finally just said screw it and doubled up with 87 and then knocked him out the very next hand with JJ. I was wondering what you guys would do with someone like this and would you guys just be patient or try to beat him at his own game?

ArturiusX
10-28-2005, 04:46 AM
Isn't this a pretty simple problem?

gehrig
10-28-2005, 05:33 AM
if the blinds are high he's playing with the right strategy and theres not much you can do

if the blinds are low i don't think you have to think too hard about how to beat him

D.H.
10-28-2005, 05:34 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I was wondering what you guys would do with someone like this and would you guys just be patient or try to beat him at his own game?

[/ QUOTE ]

What do you mean "beat him at his own game"?
Yes, obviously patience is the key here. Wait for a good hand and go with it. Think about it, what are the options?

D.H.
10-28-2005, 05:36 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Isn't this a pretty stupid answer?

stigmata
10-28-2005, 05:42 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Isn't this a pretty stupid answer?

[/ QUOTE ]

What was that saying about stupid Questions?

ANyway.... If stacks are big in comparison to blinds, just wait for something with a bit of showdown value, e.g. Ax, decent Kx, pocket pairs. Small/Medium suited connectors aren't so good in HU situations. The smaller your stack, the more desperate you are, and your just looking for something with vague high card strength, which should have a little more equity than his pushing hand.