UTG raises to 30
Heros re-raises to 100
MP calls
Button calls
UTG calls

Flop 9-8-2, two hearts

check to me, I bet 3/4 of my stack, or about half pot
3 all-ins behind me

can I fold getting whatever ridiculous odds I am getting, like 15:1? I mean clearly I should be well behind, as at least one of these players has a set, and I have come back before from very shortstacked, but POT ODDS!!! Argh.

BTW, on another table I had just correctly laid down QQ preflop without putting a chip in the pot and I think Party is testing me to see if I am cheating.

splashpot
10-28-2005, 02:13 AM
I don't get it. If the stacks are 800, betting half the pot is not 3/4s of your stack.

rbear
10-28-2005, 02:14 AM
wow, i really think i'm behind in this spot, but w/ 3/4 of MY chips in the middle, i have to call
only have 2 outs, but I have 1st pretty much in the bag if I pick this up, as opposed to having to hit Ax, etc etc..

rbear
10-28-2005, 02:15 AM
guess i missed that too... if 3/4 in I call for sure... half pot bet of 200--- maybe not.... ps. hand histories are nice /images/graemlins/grin.gif

jeffraider
10-28-2005, 02:17 AM
Well the pot on the flop should be in the 400 range, so if you bet 200 (leaving 500 behind) then I think you've got a fold here. If you instead bet like 500 or whatever leaving yourself with 200 then I'd probably call, and chide myself for making such a retarded bet.

kyro
10-28-2005, 02:20 AM
Bleh, I would hate this situation. 2 outs with 2 to come is what, 4 percent?

Do you have a heart? That might swing it either way because you could be down to one out (plus redraws) if someone is on the flush draw.

Meh, if you call and win, you coast.

Quick question though. You say you bet 3/4 of your stack, or about half the pot. You should have 600+ behind after the flop comes out. Half the pot is only 200. So that confuses me.

I haven't decided yet. Get back to us on chip counts and betting patterns and I'll have a better idea.

deadmoney98
10-28-2005, 03:00 AM
Sorry about the inprecision, the converter was not working and I just wrote OP roughly from memory. Here is what happened...
Hero had t690 at the start of the hand,
Villains had t690, t730, t945

Hero bet 325 on the flop, so it was 265 to call after the all-ins, so i guess i was getting like 11:1

Scuba Chuck
10-28-2005, 03:17 AM
You should call. You likely have about 30% pot equity here.

Edit: I hope every one sees that there's just too good a chance that TT, JJ, A9 here, besides the flush draw, and potential straight draw. The only hand you're really scared of is TJs, and AA, which isn't likely here.

rbear
10-28-2005, 03:35 AM
no way you put any of them on 99, 88 or 22?
i think at least one has a set

Michael C.
10-28-2005, 03:43 AM
I think one of them likely has a set too, although weirder things have happened in a 22 than you being up against a straight draw, flush draw, and an overpair lower than yours (the third guy in particular would have the odds to call with a draw since he has at least two others all in in front of him). So while I'd expect hero to be behind the majority of the time here, it's not a given, and the small chance that he's ahead has to at least be figured into the odds.

Scuba Chuck
10-28-2005, 03:50 AM
Due to the way hero played this hand, it's an easy easy call. And if he's behind a set, then he needs to suckout. I think the advantage to winning this pot, vs the odds of winning the damn thing by folding here is good enough.

rbear
10-28-2005, 03:52 AM
i posted the same above, that with that much in i would probably call... doesn't mean i think i'm ahead most of the time though

tigerite
10-28-2005, 04:46 AM
Re-raise more preflop next time. Here you probably have to call because of having so much committed.

deadmoney98
10-28-2005, 08:59 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Re-raise more preflop next time. Here you probably have to call because of having so much committed.

[/ QUOTE ]

That basically sums up my thought process during the hand. As soon as I typed in the raise I knew it was not enough...the damn min raiser screwed me up. Why do people min raise UTG, especially since he had K /images/graemlins/heart.gifJ /images/graemlins/heart.gif??? I don't get it. Anyway I could not fold even though I was drawing slim, another guy had a worse flush draw (45) and winner winner chicken dinner was 222. No suckouts, this time. In a cash game this may be a call, but I think maybe I should have folded. Chip and a chair kinda thing.

Just for for fun, the QQ laydown I alluded to in OP. SnG just started and Blinds are 10/15...
UTG raises to 225
UTG+1 coldcalls (at which point I consider calling for set value)
MP1 pushes (at which point I consider folding)
MP2 pushes (at which point my decision becomes easy, I think)
Hero folds, relatively quickly
UTG calls
UTG+1 folds
KK (MP2) holds up over 99 (UTG) and AKo (MP1) (no queens on the board)

10-28-2005, 09:27 AM
I just push the flop. In a 22 they will assume I have AK and call with bottom pair. If I'm beat so be it.