PDA

View Full Version : JJ -> Flops Overpair -> River checkraise

Malachii
10-28-2005, 02:04 AM
$50 NL, Villain has 95$, I cover. Villain is tilting. He might be drunk. Seemed solid for the first 30 minutes or so, but has lost several pots in a row and has been playing poorly lately.

Fish limps, Villian limps, 1 more limp MP player makes it $2.5 to go preflop. I call. Villain calls and other limper calls.

Flop is T-6-3 rainbow.

Villain checks, Limper bets $2 into a $10 pot, PFR pauses and calls, which I interpret as an AK type hand. I make it $10. Villain cold calls, everyone else folds.

Turn comes A /images/graemlins/spade.gif, putting 2 spades out there. (34$)

Villain checks, I check.

River comes 7 /images/graemlins/spade.gif, putting straight and backdoor flush on the board. Villain checks, I bet $15, Villain makes it $45 to go. Hero pukes and...?

amoeba
10-28-2005, 02:06 AM
folds

you were bluffing anyways right?

Malachii
10-28-2005, 02:09 AM
Was a pretty thin value bet, I admit. I didn't see him checking an ace twice.

stu-unger
10-28-2005, 02:21 AM
i raise flop to >14, i check it down from here. as played i most definitly fold to the c/r. what hands did u think u were going to get value out of on the river? i tried to think of one but couldnt.

Malachii
10-28-2005, 02:34 AM
Almost any ten. Like I said, he's tilting pretty badly and possibly drunk. I'm adjusting my play accordingly.

Malachii
10-28-2005, 03:01 AM
Anyways, this hand isn't that interesting primarily because it relates to very specific table conditions. Normally I insta muck to the checkraise, but I thought about it and couldn't give Villain any credible hands. It felt like he had to be bluffing because of the tilt (he's dropped like $40-$50 in a space of seven or eight hands where he was doing stupid stuff.)

I called, and the donkey had 62 /images/graemlins/club.gif and MHIG. I'll try to find a better hand to post for next time, my last couple of hands have been boring.

Also, even though it worked out quite nicely here, you guys are probably right about the river bet.

FreakDaddy
10-28-2005, 03:35 AM
You put him on AK, but then you bet the river. Perhaps because he checked the river to you? I don't see a worse hand calling you here Mal... so I'd just check behind and pick up the small pot if you're best. As is fold river.

FreakDaddy
10-28-2005, 03:37 AM
If you have a read on someone, then go with it, but typically this is a fold. No two ways about it and a check behind. You almost got bluffed out of the pot.

Malachii
10-28-2005, 03:40 AM
[ QUOTE ]
You put him on AK, but then you bet the river. Perhaps because he checked the river to you?

[/ QUOTE ]
Villain didn't raise preflop. Sorry for the confusion. Preflop raiser folded when I raised flop.

FreakDaddy
10-28-2005, 03:52 AM
Ahhh.. thought that was a bit odd.

Glad you got lucky, now don't do it again. /images/graemlins/smile.gif Always go with your read.

Bukem_
10-28-2005, 04:01 AM
[ QUOTE ]
folds

you were bluffing anyways right?

[/ QUOTE ]

Betting with intention of folding vs drunk players who do weird things is really bad with this type of made hand.