PDA

View Full Version : PokerStars Rake Cheaper than Party?

BIGRED
10-27-2005, 11:56 PM
I remember reading here that Poker Stars has cheaper rake compared to Party, but after importing in about 200 hands into PT, I see that avg rake at 5/10 6max is 1.67 as compared to 1.70 for the same game at Party. I am getting this info from the Summary Tab in PT. So, is Poker Stars rake really cheaper than Party? I just started at Poker Stars and this is the only limit I tried so far.

BigBiceps
10-27-2005, 11:59 PM
it is cheaper at the lower limits.

StellarWind
10-28-2005, 03:30 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I remember reading here that Poker Stars has cheaper rake compared to Party, but after importing in about 200 hands into PT, I see that avg rake at 5/10 6max is 1.67 as compared to 1.70 for the same game at Party. I am getting this info from the Summary Tab in PT. So, is Poker Stars rake really cheaper than Party? I just started at Poker Stars and this is the only limit I tried so far.

[/ QUOTE ]
Why don't you compare the rake tables? But the answer is yes, Stars is significantly lower than Party across the board including 5/10 6-max. One of the reasons everyone is so mad about the rakeback thing is Party is so very expensive compared to the rest of the industry.

As for your 200 hands, are you familiar with variance? It completely depends on what type of players you played and the luck of the cards.