PDA

View Full Version : pot brownies and bad trips

smurfitup
10-27-2005, 11:48 PM
i did pot brownies for the first time last week. being a naive idiot, i consumed waaaaay too much, and i was [censored] up for about 12 hours. what was strange was that the experience was very similar to having a bad trip off of shrooms. not the aspect of hallucinations, but just my general thoughts and feelings during the trip. sort of like the drugs were probing into my inner consciousness, etc. what's strange is that i never experienced any of these thoughts or sensations when smoking pot, no matter how much i smoked or how i smoked it. has anyone had similar experiences/know what the deal is?

thanks.

TheBlueMonster
10-27-2005, 11:51 PM
I didn't eat as much but I had a bad "trip" from pot brownies. Any time you injest a drug rather than smoke it the experience is a lot more intense.

smurfitup
10-27-2005, 11:53 PM
aahhh, makes much more sense.

whiskeytown
10-27-2005, 11:56 PM
read a copy of Wilco's bio - Learning How to Die - in it Jeff Tweedy had quit drinking for a few years, still did weed, but quit after a bad paranoia trip after eating the stuff -

that's enough to keep me from trying it that way -

RB

10-28-2005, 12:00 AM
[ QUOTE ]
has anyone had similar experiences....

[/ QUOTE ]
yes, very intense. I try to warn people about the pot brownies but they never listen

xadrez
10-28-2005, 12:04 AM
I used to be a HUGE pothead in High School, beginning of College. One day I smoked some super potent weed and totally bugged, thought I was about to have a heart attack. After that, it was never the same. I would not get paranoid but like horribly anxious and tense.

I tried to alter set, setting, smoke alone, with people i was close with, etc. No matter what I would get the anxiety. So I just stopped smoking one day and have never done it since. The weird part was, I was still able to eat shrooms and other hallucinogens and I could control the effects of those with no problem whatsoever.

I spoke with my parents and oddly enough they stopped smoking years back because of the same thing. Must have something to do with brain chemistry.

mason55
10-28-2005, 12:07 AM
Happened to me once too. Wasn't the first time I ate it but it was the first time I ate that much. I wasn't inexperienced or anything but yeah, I pretty much lost my ish. Didn't stop me from eating or smoking again though.

10-28-2005, 12:13 AM
My roommate accidentally ate too many last year. He wound up walking up and down two flights of stairs for hours.

MonkeeMan
10-28-2005, 12:33 AM
Much more physical high.

My buddy was in the hospital after a cycle accident and me and my now wife cooked up a batch to help in his recovery. So we take it down during visiting hours and gave them over without explanation. He immediately started handing them out to his semi-private roommate and visitors. We enjoyed one also, and then he informs us roomie is a cop! We booked, laughing all the way. Good times.

bobbyi
10-28-2005, 12:37 AM
It's really common your first time with brownies to have too many and be sorry. One reason is that people don't realize how long they take to kick in so after fifteen minutes "Man, these aren't doing anything. I guess I should eat a bunch more". The other reason is that once you're stoned, the munchies kick in and you look around for something to eat and, hey, this plate of brownies is right here.

smurfitup
10-28-2005, 01:10 AM
[ QUOTE ]
It's really common your first time with brownies to have too many and be sorry. One reason is that people don't realize how long they take to kick in so after fifteen minutes "Man, these aren't doing anything. I guess I should eat a bunch more". The other reason is that once you're stoned, the munchies kick in and you look around for something to eat and, hey, this plate of brownies is right here.

[/ QUOTE ]

haha, wow. i had enough foresight not to keep them near me after i ate the initial dose. what sucked about the whole experience was that i tried to sleep it off, but instead i just laid in bed tossing and turning and trying to convince myself that i hadn't lost all sanity.

mason55
10-28-2005, 01:19 AM
[ QUOTE ]
i tried to sleep it off, but instead i just laid in bed tossing and turning and trying to convince myself that i hadn't lost all sanity.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sounds exactly like what I did

smurfitup
10-28-2005, 01:38 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
i tried to sleep it off, but instead i just laid in bed tossing and turning and trying to convince myself that i hadn't lost all sanity.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sounds exactly like what I did

[/ QUOTE ]

it was actually so bad that one of my really hot friends (blonde, swedish, massive knockers) came into my bed and started bouncing on top of me and i didn't even react. [censored], now i'm depressed.