PDA

View Full Version : FPS or merely good adjustments?

10-27-2005, 11:30 PM
I mostly play $10/$20 (6 max) but have been getting my feet wet in $30/$60 a bit as of late. I made a few plays this session that I'm not sure if I was merely making good adjustments to what I presume is better players, or if I just had FPS. Was wondering if you guys could give them a look.

This hand I really felt like I could have misplayed every street but the river.

Ultimate Bet 30/60 Hold'em (10 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx (http://www.zerodivide.cx/converter)

Preflop: Hero is SB with K/images/graemlins/club.gif, A/images/graemlins/club.gif.
[color=#CC3333]UTG raises</font>, [color=#666666]7 folds</font>, Hero calls, BB calls.

Flop: (6 SB) 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, K/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 2/images/graemlins/club.gif [color=#0000FF](3 players)</font>
Hero checks, BB checks, [color=#CC3333]UTG bets</font>, [color=#CC3333]Hero raises</font>, BB folds, UTG calls.

Turn: (5 BB) 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif [color=#0000FF](2 players)</font>
[color=#CC3333]Hero bets</font>, [color=#CC3333]UTG raises</font>, Hero calls.

River: (9 BB) Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif [color=#0000FF](2 players)</font>
Hero checks, [color=#CC3333]UTG bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 11 BB

Results in white below: [color=#FFFFFF]
Hero has Kc Ac (one pair, kings).
UTG has Ks Qh (two pair, kings and queens).
Outcome: UTG wins 11 BB. </font>

Opponent was 24/16.
3 bet that pre flop? Fold it pre flop?
Lead into him, check raise, or check call the flop?
Given the way it was played, did I miss out on a standard three bet on the turn or would that be spewing?

Ultimate Bet 30/60 Hold'em (10 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx (http://www.zerodivide.cx/converter)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
[color=#666666]3 folds</font>, MP2 calls, [color=#666666]1 fold</font>, CO calls, Button calls, SB completes, BB checks.

Flop: (5 SB) 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif [color=#0000FF](6 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, Hero checks, MP2 checks, [color=#CC3333]CO bets</font>, Button folds, SB calls, BB folds, [color=#CC3333]Hero raises</font>, MP2 folds, CO calls, SB folds.

Turn: (5 BB) 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif [color=#0000FF](2 players)</font>
[color=#CC3333]Hero bets</font>, CO folds.

Final Pot: 6 BB

No showdown. Hero wins 6 BB. </font>

Preflop: Hero is Button with 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
[color=#666666]6 folds</font>, [color=#CC3333]Hero raises</font>, SB calls, [color=#666666]1 fold</font>.

Flop: (5 SB) 2/images/graemlins/spade.gif, K/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif [color=#0000FF](3 players)</font>
SB checks, [color=#CC3333]Hero bets</font>, SB calls.

Turn: (3.50 BB) 2/images/graemlins/heart.gif [color=#0000FF](3 players)</font>
SB checks, [color=#CC3333]Hero bets</font>, [color=#CC3333]SB raises</font>, [color=#CC3333]Hero 3-bets</font>, SB folds.

Final Pot: 8.50 BB

Hero doesn't show.
UTG doesn't show.
Outcome: Hero wins 8 BB. UTG wins 0.50 BB. </font>

I found it hard to believe he cold called in the SB with a deuce, and I could easily sell the idea that I had a big king with a 3 bet.

Preflop: Hero is SB with Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif, K/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
[color=#666666]1 fold</font>, UTG+2 calls, [color=#666666]5 folds</font>, [color=#CC3333]Hero raises</font>, BB calls, UTG+2 calls.

Flop: (6 SB) 4/images/graemlins/club.gif, Q/images/graemlins/club.gif, 3/images/graemlins/diamond.gif [color=#0000FF](4 players)</font>
[color=#CC3333]Hero bets</font>, BB calls, UTG+2 calls.

Turn: (4.50 BB) 5/images/graemlins/club.gif [color=#0000FF](4 players)</font>
Hero checks, [color=#CC3333]BB bets</font>, UTG+2 folds, [color=#CC3333]Hero raises</font>, [color=#CC3333]BB 3-bets</font>, Hero calls.

River: (10.50 BB) K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif [color=#0000FF](3 players)</font>
Hero checks, [color=#CC3333]BB bets</font>, [color=#CC3333]Hero raises</font>, BB calls.

Final Pot: 14.50 BB

Hero has Qs Kh (two pair, kings and queens).
BB has Ac 2h (straight, five high).
UTG doesn't show.
Outcome: BB wins 14.50 BB. </font>

I think calling that turn 3 bet and check raising that river was dumb. Should I have simply mucked to the turn 3 bet? I'm thinking yes.

ihardlyknowher
10-27-2005, 11:47 PM
Don't play 30/60 on UB play at Party.

10-27-2005, 11:54 PM
LOL.

10-27-2005, 11:58 PM
you played the first hand AcKc,weird IMO. I lead on that flop, and punch my desk when villain sucks out on river.

The last hand, where you made top two, you've gotta fold there on the turn, you're never ahead enough to call three bets. ever. Also, you might want to lose the raise from thr SB with KQo. I took that one out of my playbook in full games, kinda like when I completely quit playing Q10 off in almost all positions.

newhizzle
10-28-2005, 12:13 AM
you should really 3-bet hand 1 preflop, it will play differenly after that, bet/3bet the flop, the way you played it the c/r is fine, the rest looks good

[ QUOTE ]
Fold it pre flop?

[/ QUOTE ]
i really hope you are not considering this

i fold hand 2 preflop unless the game is very very good, i dont like this c/r in a field this big, check/fold the flop

any read on SB in hand 3?
against an unknown id call and fold the river UI, raise/call if i hit a flush

why c/r the turn in hand 4, just bet, you really dont want to give a free card here

also, you need to fix something with the hand converter, the colors and action are not coming out right, and dont post the results

10-28-2005, 12:21 AM
I wouldn't have raised the KQo except that the limper was loose/bad. I would have merely completed if the limper was decent. Raise ok? Yea that AK hand felt pretty awkward. I really felt like there were a whole lot of ways to play it and I just couldn't decide on the best.

10-28-2005, 12:22 AM
SB in hand 3's stats seemed fairly standard. He called a raise from the BB with A2o in the hand where I raised KQo from the SB and thats the only extra information I have on him.

newhizzle
10-28-2005, 12:26 AM
without a specific read that this guy likes to bluff-raise turns, i dont like it

also i think the KQ raise in the SB is standard, especially against 1 limper who is loose/bad

sweetjazz
10-28-2005, 01:32 AM
Your hands look okay, but I think your analysis of them is too results-oriented.

Pog0
10-28-2005, 01:37 AM
You can't not raise KQs vs a single loose limper in the SB. I couldn't imagine not raising vs 2 loose limpers. 3+, your relative equity is probably falling quickly, but it still can't be bad. BB calling that raise with A2o is noteworthy. What a crappy crappy hand to have to play in that situation.