PDA

View Full Version : Rove to NOT be charged

JimBob2232
10-27-2005, 10:57 PM
Per Drudge

Libby likely to be indicted

Jedster
10-27-2005, 11:09 PM
Actually the story says Rove will remain under scrutiny. It does not say he won't be charged at all. It says he won't be charged tomorrow. And that the investigation will continue into Rove and others.

nytimes.com link (http://www.nytimes.com/2005/10/28/politics/28leak.html?hp&ex=1130472000&en=f4b9e5edc0a35fdf&e i=5094&partner=homepage)

EDIT: It does say that Libby is likely to be charged for making false statements tomorrow.

LesJ
10-28-2005, 12:07 AM
<<It does say that Libby is likely to be charged for making false statements tomorrow. >>

Just how do they know that Libby will make any false statement tomorrow?

Nepa
10-28-2005, 12:18 AM
[ QUOTE ]
<<It does say that Libby is likely to be charged for making false statements tomorrow. >>

Just how do they know that Libby will make any false statement tomorrow?

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm pretty sure he makes a few everyday. He does work for Cheney.

[censored]
10-28-2005, 12:20 AM
This is turning out to be a pretty good week considering where it started. If the administration gets out of this with only a Libby indictment this wont damage The President much at all.

Nepa
10-28-2005, 12:44 AM
[ QUOTE ]
This is turning out to be a pretty good week considering where it started. If the administration gets out of this with only a Libby indictment this wont damage The President much at all.

[/ QUOTE ]

The biggest problem for the white house is this probe might continue.

I would just like to find out the results myself, weather it be no one being charged or a dozen ppl. being charged.

HtotheNootch
10-28-2005, 01:08 AM
Rove will never face the charge I'd like to see him convicted on...

dandy_don
10-28-2005, 04:41 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Actually the story says Rove will remain under scrutiny. It does not say he won't be charged at all. It says he won't be charged tomorrow. And that the investigation will continue into Rove and others.

[/ QUOTE ]

I am no lawyer, but I believe the Grand Jury assembled for this issue ends today (Friday); I guess there is some time limitation or something that a Grand Jury can be assembled (I'll leave that to the legal eagles out there). As I understood it, any indictments coming from "this" Grand Jury had to be issued by the end of business on Friday. I guess if any other indictments are coming, they will have to assemble a new Grand Jury and begin all over again.

Am I even close on this?

[censored]
10-28-2005, 07:06 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

The biggest problem for the white house is this probe might continue.

I would just like to find out the results myself, weather it be no one being charged or a dozen ppl. being charged.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's not anywhere close to being the biggest problem for the whitehouse.

The biggest problems for the whitehouse are

desire from base to appoint the type of supreme court nominee who will likely result in a filibuster

growing sentiment that activities in Iraq and not improving quickly enough and troops should be returned home

rising gas prices which could threaten economy as a whole.

If the Whitehouse can find solutions to the above this leak story will be long forgetten and in no way be a problem even if Rove were to get indicted.