PDA

View Full Version : Spooler SubSystem Question

MrX
10-27-2005, 10:33 PM
"Spooler SubSystem App has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience."

I get this message after my CPU boots up and it prevent me from commmunicating with the printer.

I have looked at the Microsoft site which has implies this is associated wiht the registry.

I am sure that this firt started on my CPU after I took it in to work so they could set it up so I could have remote access to work from home, but they claim to have never had this problem ever happen before.

Has anyone ever had this error before?

Thank you,

X

TheTROLL
10-28-2005, 10:03 AM
[ QUOTE ]
"Spooler SubSystem App has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience."

I get this message after my CPU boots up and it prevent me from commmunicating with the printer.

I have looked at the Microsoft site which has implies this is associated wiht the registry.

I am sure that this firt started on my CPU after I took it in to work so they could set it up so I could have remote access to work from home, but they claim to have never had this problem ever happen before.

Has anyone ever had this error before?

Thank you,

X

[/ QUOTE ]

You tried this (http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;324757) ?

MrX
10-28-2005, 11:57 PM
I have read that page, but before I did the registry fix I wondered if anyone had any experience with this problem.

Specifically, how did it happen?

And, had anyone ever had any troubles with doing a registry fix on their computer.

X

MyMindIsGoing
10-29-2005, 12:09 PM
[ QUOTE ]
And, had anyone ever had any troubles with doing a registry fix on their computer.

[/ QUOTE ]

If you never try it you will never learn. And once you learn that, you will learn more and then you would not even need any help fixing anything /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Just follow the instructions and see what happens. If you do not understand the instructions just ask again for help and I am sure someone would help you.

I think people are overly afraid of things they never tried before, just try it, it won't kill you people.

TheTROLL
10-30-2005, 06:58 AM
Top advice. The general hysteria in the PC world over registry editing is absurd. Take a minute to learn how to backup/restore the branch you're going to edit, then dive in. You'll wonder what all the fuss was about.