PDA

View Full Version : What's my river decision?

Scuba Chuck
10-27-2005, 10:16 PM
And any other advice on how I played it is fine...

Party Poker 0.50/1 Hold'em (9 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx (http://www.zerodivide.cx/converter)

Preflop: Hero is BB with Q/images/graemlins/club.gif, J/images/graemlins/club.gif. MP3 posts a blind of $0.50.
<font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, MP3 (poster) checks, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, SB completes, Hero checks.

Flop: (3 SB) 5/images/graemlins/club.gif, Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif, T/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP3 calls, SB folds.

Turn: (2.50 BB) 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP3 calls.

River: (4.50 BB) 8/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP3 raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero ???</font>

I guess my question is, is this a bluff often enough to raise? Or is the paired board, 3rd Flush reason enough to call (I assume folding is wrong).

ArturiusX
10-27-2005, 10:17 PM
Its close. We need reads though. Maniac I 3-bet. Normal player I just call.

Scuba Chuck
10-27-2005, 10:28 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL, it's .5/1, aren't they all maniacs? Are you using your HUD to make a decision here? If so, how?

Mathieu
10-27-2005, 10:28 PM
If this is a bluff, there is no reason to raise since you won't get called by a weaker hand.

Your weak opponent might have raised with a 2nd best hand that he will also call your re-raise with. But this won't happen enough to warrant a re-raise. Just call.

SoftcoreRevolt
10-27-2005, 10:34 PM
I'm 3 betting the river.

A. The turn card paired, and he failed to raise the turn. So there's only 2 ways he has a full house, he either flopped and slow played until the river (very rare, if he had raised the turn this is a different story.) or hit a two pair with an 8, and didn't raise, which would also be very weird. If we are putting him on an oddly slow played hand that connected on the turn or flop, but waited for the river, he could also have J9 for a straight.

B. He has a higher flush. This is unlikely to start with, but he didn't raise with a nut or second nut flush draw on the flop (most bad players don't notice their relative position to a raiser or anything like that and just go FLUSH DRAW I WILL RAISE)

He could also have something like J8, A8, or something silly like that as well beyond a lower flush. So I'd raise.

MrWookie47
10-27-2005, 10:39 PM
Holy crap, dude. You're seriously spamming the board. Posting this many hands all at the same time is completely unacceptable.

Scuba Chuck
10-27-2005, 10:39 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Holy crap, dude. You're seriously spamming the board. Posting this many hands all at the same time is completely unacceptable.

[/ QUOTE ]

I take it as a compliment.

Vote4Pedro
10-27-2005, 10:43 PM
Anyone else like a PF raise?
---
3Bet this river for sure

MrWookie47
10-27-2005, 10:45 PM
A compliment? WTF? After 3k posts, haven't you learned what sorts of things are common courtesy around here?

SoftcoreRevolt
10-27-2005, 10:46 PM
Don't take it as one then, you make it so other people's threads get bumped off sooner, and each of your questions won't get as many views.

Scuba Chuck
10-27-2005, 10:47 PM
[ QUOTE ]
A compliment? WTF? After 3k posts, haven't you learned what sorts of things are common courtesy around here?

[/ QUOTE ]

You're kidding right? This is my preferred method of posting, and is very common for me. I get to host a lot of questions, and I'm going to be actively here the whole time. What's the beef?

ArturiusX
10-27-2005, 10:49 PM
I don't like your attitude, so I won't be responding to anymore of your threads.

Just a note, .50/1 isnt usually maniacs, usually passives. You really need reads for this kind of stuff. I 3-bet by default though.

MrWookie47
10-27-2005, 10:51 PM
I don't know where you've been, but in this forum, it's customary to not post more than 2 posts at a time.

Scuba Chuck
10-27-2005, 10:52 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I don't like your attitude, so I won't be responding to anymore of your threads.

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you respond to me? If I'm crossing some sort of etiquette on this forum, let me know. I've never been aware of this, and I've never seen this policy used/enforced anywhere. I'm not trying to offend anyone.

MrWookie47
10-27-2005, 10:53 PM
It's in the FAQ, dude. Posting this many threads all at once is extremely rude to other posters whose threads you kick off the front page.

Scuba Chuck
10-27-2005, 10:55 PM
[ QUOTE ]
It's in the FAQ, dude. Posting this many threads all at once is extremely rude to other posters whose threads you kick off the front page.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
Informal rules of this forum try to limit the number of hand posts by a user at one time.. often at two. By posting more than than two topics at once, you are pushing other posters' topics off of the first page.

[/ QUOTE ]

I just read it. Didn't know. I apologize. Will be more tuned into your etiquette. This is the first for me. In response to Arturius X, I thought he was joshing with me. So I hope you can reconsider. Thanks.

Scuba

MrWookie47
10-27-2005, 11:01 PM
Apology accepted, but consider yourself warned. It's just that posting all these hands at once looks an awful lot like trolling. You're welcome to continue to post here if you abide by these guidelines.

Scuba Chuck
10-27-2005, 11:02 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Apology accepted, but consider yourself warned. It's just that posting all these hands at once looks an awful lot like trolling. You're welcome to continue to post here if you abide by these guidelines.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks, and again I'm sorry. And, certainly, I'm not trolling. If you have any question of my character, I'm certain Citanul or durron will share a positive opinion of me.

No harm done I hope.
Scuba

10-27-2005, 11:09 PM
I three bet the river. I think it's quite likely he made a lower flush and I have seen stranger things than villian turning over A8 or some other X8.

10-27-2005, 11:18 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

10-27-2005, 11:21 PM
Over 33% of the time here he has a flush A high or K high.

Call and expect to win.

Edit: Ack ignore that 33%. The board pairing means he probably wont cap a flush anyway after being shown aggression all hand. You probably only need to be ahead 55% of the time. I still dont think you are though.

Vote4Pedro
10-28-2005, 12:18 AM
Where are you getting these numbers?

10-28-2005, 03:47 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Where are you getting these numbers?

[/ QUOTE ]

I think he's saying if we're beaten we're likely getting capped so we have to put 2 bets in, but if we're behind that we'll only gain one bet. So we should only 3 bet if we are ahead more than 33% of the time.