PDA

View Full Version : Value to Spew? Tell the the ways I misplayed this 6-max hand

Augster
10-27-2005, 09:57 PM
1/2 6-Max at Bet365. EVERYONE is tight. And aggressive. Usually there is a raise, and everyone folds. Next hand same thing. Only occasionally will you actually see a flop.

Because of this going on for like 10 minutes, folks have started to limp. CO had limped AA and gotten a ton of action because of it in a previous orbit, so I was a bit afraid of limped monsters. The fact that everyone limped was scary enough given all the previous action. Anyway, that's my read.

Tell me how bad, and where this is:

$1/$2 6-Max Bet365 (5-handed)

Hero is BB with A /images/graemlins/diamond.gif 9 /images/graemlins/spade.gif

PRE-FLOP: UTG calls, CO calls, Button calls, SB completes, Hero CHECKS! (5SB)

I really wanted to bet, as I may have the best hand, but I'm probably a little behind a limped pocket pair right now. I am also behind a limped AT-AK and dominated. So I check. Bad? Okay?

FLOP: (5SB) 9 /images/graemlins/club.gif A /images/graemlins/heart.gif Q /images/graemlins/spade.gif

SB checks, HERO CHECKS!, UTG checks, CO checks, Button checks.

I went for the C/R and whiffed. I could have SWORN SOMEONE would bet the A. Or at least represent it in LP. I was shocked and flabbergasted. I felt if I bet out, I would have taken the pot down right there and pissed away a great trap hand. But with no pre-flop raiser, I suppose I should just lead out? Any help here is just fantastic.

TURN:(2.5BB) 5 /images/graemlins/club.gif

SB check, HERO Bet, UTG RAISE, CO fold, Button fold, SB fold, HERO 3-bet, UTG calls.

RIVER:(8.5BB) 2 /images/graemlins/spade.gif

Hero Bets, UTG RAISES, Hero 3-Bets, UTG caps, Hero calls.

16.5BB

I just absolutely hate this hand. It has haunted me for 3 days, so I have decided to ask for some advice.

Thanks for any and all critiques.

Nick C
10-27-2005, 10:04 PM
The preflop check is fine. I wouldn't even think about raising, really.

I think the flop checkraise attempt is okay. At a tight table, I'd expect someone to like that flop and bet.

Although I might 3-bet the turn, I'd be a little worried that UTG was slowplaying on the flop when he woke up with a raise on a turn blank. (Also, I guess he could have 55.)

I think you got carried away on the river. I don't like the 3-bet. Villain will have a hand like AQ/QQ here a lot, I think.

skiier04
10-27-2005, 10:19 PM
I would definately be the flop. Everything else looks okay, the river 3bet is questionable but you see a smaller 2pair a fair amount of time, but looks like a set or maybe AQ is most likely.

jaxUp
10-27-2005, 10:26 PM
About the flop c/r: You said that you were certain that somebody in LP would at least try to represent the A. If this is the case, then you c/r, fold everybody, and get a total of 2 SB postflop. I would bet this flop and hope to get raised by a hand like AK, AJ, AT, Ax. If you c/r at such a tight table, you are really limiting your action. Just bet out and hope to get raised. I really like turn and I think I like river as well. Preflop you should never raise this with more than 2 others in the pot, especially with a tight table.

10-27-2005, 10:29 PM
I don't raise preflop, I bet the flop, and I don't 3 bet the river.

Augster
10-27-2005, 10:56 PM
Geez, I thought I got the coding correct but forgot to preview my post. Sorry for the uglyness.

Good. So A9os isn't a raise into a table full of limpers. I don't feel so bad about that now.

I guess I was hoping the UTG would bet and I'd trap the field, but yeah, I was fully intent on the C/R, so if the button had bet, as he should have, I guess I'd be getting rid of the field. Bet/3-bet a better line then? I was just so sure if I bet out, everyone would fold. Can't know for sure.

Bet-raise-call the river.

10-27-2005, 11:13 PM
I don't think I could find it in me to 3 bet the river against a tight rational player.

10-27-2005, 11:36 PM
Preflop: fine
Flop: Bet..... you have the ace. they dont. thats why your the one that bets.
Turn: fine
River: call the raise, no 3bet imo.

Augster
10-28-2005, 12:22 AM
UTG had 33.

I REALLY felt like [censored] after giving the free card, especially since he most likely would have folded if I had bet, I feel.

Lesson definitely learned.

Thanks for the help.

Vote4Pedro
10-28-2005, 12:25 AM
[ QUOTE ]
UTG had 33.

[/ QUOTE ]

Soooo....you won right?

Ryan11
10-28-2005, 01:05 AM
Def no raise preflop, I also bet that flop, hoping to get raised so I can 3bet there are a lot of bad turn cards for our hand. I def don't 3 bet this river. Bet/call is what I would do, I think 3 betting is a little much.

trainslayer
10-28-2005, 01:51 AM
What did you think utg had when he raised the turn. Ax,A5,55,KQ,??. I was thinking AQ and another c/r whiff on the flop. May be weak but I don't think I would have 3bet the river.

jaxUp
10-28-2005, 01:56 AM
I think river 3-bet is a bit much as well. We should start thinking set or AQ

Augster
10-28-2005, 02:04 AM
Whoops,

Nice typing eh?

I lost to the trips on the turn.

2+2 wannabe
10-28-2005, 04:04 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Whoops,