PDA

View Full Version : KK on a flush board

newhizzle
10-27-2005, 09:36 PM
villain is loose passive, 49/8/0.9 after 233 hands, anything different i can do here?
is this player ever bluffing on the river?
what if the flush doesnt complete, bet/fold?

Party Poker 20.00/40.00 Hold'em <font color="#0000FF">(10 handed)</font> link (http://www.darksun.lunarpages.com/poker/)

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with K/images/graemlins/spade.gif, K/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, CO calls, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>.

Flop: (5.50 SB) A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 3/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, CO calls.

Turn: (3.75 BB) 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, CO calls.

River: (5.75 BB) 2/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets</font>, Hero folds.

Final Pot: 6.75 BB.

toss
10-27-2005, 10:07 PM
Wow weren't you playing 3/6 like 3 days ago? I guess I shouldn't be surprised when you start posting in HUSH about how Neverwin 5-bet you PF with T4s to suck out on your AA. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

As for the hand I think you played it fine. Villain isn't going to bet the river without a diamond IMO.

newhizzle
10-27-2005, 10:22 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Wow weren't you playing 3/6 like 3 days ago?

[/ QUOTE ]

i was like 3 weeks ago, but i was pretty much rebuilding from a downswing from when i was at 10/20, but ive been runing really well in the past like 2 weeks and got my roll back up, blew through 5/10-15/30 in like a week

there was a hand thread that got hijacked into a conversation about me moving up in SS earlier this week

10-27-2005, 11:19 PM
I would have bet the flop, check/folded the turn. I dont think you're getting called on the flop unless villain has a set, an ace, or a diamond. So you can reasonably assume you're beat when the fourth /images/graemlins/diamond.gif appears.

newhizzle
10-27-2005, 11:22 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I dont think you're getting called on the flop unless villain has a set, an ace, or a diamond

[/ QUOTE ]

this villain is very loose, hes calling the flop with a lot more than that

10-27-2005, 11:35 PM
,what is the hand range that he's calling with on the flop?
and if he's calling the flop with a lot more than "that", what changes on the turn where you dont check call the river?

newhizzle
10-27-2005, 11:41 PM
this is the type of player who would probably call all the way down with a 3 or a 5, my turn bet was for value, and i think if the 5th diamond didnt come on the river i would have bet it too, but on this river, the best i can hope for is a split, he cant call with any worse hands because i am playing the board and this opponent is very passive, so i dont think hes betting without a diamond enough times to make the river a profitable call

10-27-2005, 11:53 PM
Well, i'm divorcing those kings on the turn with a check fold. It would be a whole lot easier to make the laydown on the turn if the pot werent HU, but I just dont see how you're ahead that often when he calls the bet on the flop and the four flush gets there on the turn. If he was calling with bottom pair, then you should add him to your buddy list and make friends with the guy. I come from the train of thought that its easier to call one bet on the river in this spot and hope for a chop a small part of the time when the villain had been making a play at the pot when i gave up on the end.

I really think villain has a flush draw or an ace on the flop here more times than he has bottom pair, so i'd let go on the turn. And if i bet the turn, i'm check/calling the river.