PDA

View Full Version : OT - Accidentally joined limit SNG

10-27-2005, 09:36 PM
Man, I HATE when I do this. Limit puts me right to sleep. Plus I have no idea how to play limit properly. Anyone have any advice on how to beat this game or should I just hang out on this forum until I'm on the bubble and then start acting like a jackass with my chips?

davehwm
10-27-2005, 09:48 PM
It honestly wouldn't hurt to pick up a book on limit and play some low-limit cash games. You'll be surprised at how much learning other games can really help your preferred game.

swiftrhett
10-27-2005, 09:49 PM
Just remember that half of the other people in your game joined by mistake too! /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Freudian
10-27-2005, 09:51 PM
Same principle as NL SnGs apply. But instead of pushing you raise when the blinds are big. The others folding is the same as a normal SnG.

10-27-2005, 09:57 PM
Heh. I've folded about 30 straight hands. Boy, what a bunch of flop heads!

Yeah, I'm going to just sit tight for a bit, then maybe play like a maniac near the end.

tjh
10-27-2005, 10:20 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Just remember that half of the other people in your game joined by mistake too! /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

That fact alone adds quite a bit of allure to Single and Multi table Limit tournies. A number of players will be pushing and raising just to get out of the tourny.

To the OP. Sooner or later the blinds are high enough that it plays a lot like a NL game.

--
tjh

10-27-2005, 10:30 PM
Well, I ended up 5th. That's 45 minutes I'll never get back. I'm just not wired to play limit.

Onaflag
10-27-2005, 10:44 PM
Crap. I joined a NO LIMIT SnG by mistake. What do I do? Now I can't raise my nut flush draw for both value and FE because some pushbot may come over the top with bottom pair!

Unfair!

Onaflag.............

PS...Sorry Dude, had to do it. /images/graemlins/grin.gif