PDA

View Full Version : Griffey Jr.

03-13-2002, 01:35 PM
What's up with Junior? I heard he's wishing that he had stayed in Seattle. Could it be true? I doubt it, but the press out here only reports negative stuff about him. As a Mariner fan I hated watching his post game interviews, hat on backwards, refusing to look into the camera. A-Rod was way classier. What's happening in Cincinatti? Any truth to the rumors? I guess this comes down to this-- be careful what you wish for...

03-13-2002, 05:16 PM
He is a prima donna and his teammates can't stand it. Shows up late for practice, skips stretching, etc.. Maybe the Mariner's let him and so he wants to come back so he can slack again. What a waste of talent. I am not a huge fan of guys like Clemens and Rose because I think that they play dirty but you can't help but admire the fact that they are (were) immensely talented and work(ed) hard day after day to maintain being the best at their endeavor. Not so for Junior.

KJS

03-13-2002, 08:30 PM
You have to admit that he was fun to watch, though. I used to sit with my wife and watch Griffey come up with two outs and the bases loaded. I'd say to my wife "Watch this honey, he's going to hit a towering fly ball to the second baseman." And he usually did just that. Is he still a shoe-in for the hall of fame? It seems like he's been strangely quiet for several years now. I really hated him when he was in Seattle. Punk ass kid. Very rich punk ass kid. I'm sure my barbs really hurt him.