PDA

View Full Version : would you have called the police?

Sooga
10-27-2005, 07:43 PM
So I read this news story (http://apnews.excite.com/article/20051027/D8DGLSVOB.html) about a woman who apparently hung herself in a tree next to a fairly busy street, and it went unreported for hours, as people assumed it was a Halloween decoration. When I first read this, I thought it was pretty funny, but now that I think about it, if I were walking down the street and passed by a scene like that, I'd probably assume it was a Halloween stunt or something as well. On the other hand, if I were walking down the street and saw through a window someone hanging from a ceiling inside a house, then I'd most definitely call that in. What would you have done?

newhizzle
10-27-2005, 07:55 PM
i dont call police

man
10-27-2005, 08:00 PM
depends on how elaborately the house was decorated I guess. jesus this is morbid. I hope I never have to witness anything like that.

SoloAJ
10-27-2005, 08:00 PM
I voted yes...But I would have to have had to think it might be a person.

No way I call if I was just driving by and then after I drove by I was doubletaking and like "wait a minute....what the hell was that"....In that case I don't call...but if I had a decent look at it ....Damn right.

man
10-27-2005, 08:01 PM
solo, your avatar is perfect.

[censored]
10-27-2005, 08:11 PM
what a hassle it would be to call the police as I would undoubtedly be required to sit there and fill out all sorts of reports or what not. All of this for someone who is already dead on their own accord? No thanks.

Sooga
10-27-2005, 08:15 PM
Yea, that's exactly what I was thinking.... although you could always just dial the police from a payphone or something and report it anonymously. They'd have to at least check it out.

RunDownHouse
10-27-2005, 08:16 PM
[ QUOTE ]
what a hassle it would be to call the police as I would undoubtedly be required to sit there and fill out all sorts of reports

[/ QUOTE ]
Says who? Call it in, don't leave a name, and walk off. Use the *86 thing or whatever if there's no nearby payphone.

utmt40
10-27-2005, 08:23 PM
What kinda sick [censored] hangs themself right b4 halloween and in a window for christ sake...

SoloAJ
10-28-2005, 12:53 AM
[ QUOTE ]
What kinda sick [censored] hangs themself right b4 halloween and outside where little children can see them in PLAIN view for christ sake...

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP

-Skeme-
10-28-2005, 12:57 AM
Hell no. Imagine how much of a dipshit you'd look like reporting a [censored] decoration. It's Halloween for Christ sakes.

tonypaladino
10-28-2005, 01:10 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
what a hassle it would be to call the police as I would undoubtedly be required to sit there and fill out all sorts of reports

[/ QUOTE ]
Says who? Call it in, don't leave a name, and walk off. Use the *86 thing or whatever if there's no nearby payphone.

[/ QUOTE ]

the * code to block you # on caller id doesn't work for 911

jakethebake
10-28-2005, 08:46 AM
Why? Who is she hurting besides herself? I figure a person has a right to kill themself if they want.