PDA

View Full Version : Situation from the movie 'Crash'

bernie
10-27-2005, 06:34 PM
Interesting movie. If you haven't seen the flick, and don't want to know what happens, stop reading here.

still there?

Ok....Here we go..

My bud had an interesting but understandable reaction to this scene so I thought it might make an intersting topic.

You and your wife/g.f are pulled over. You both end up eventually being asked out of the car. As you are being frisked, your wife/g.f is being felt up by the other cop who has made no bones prior to this about the fact of who is in charge at the moment. He is doing this blatantly right in front of you. What would you do? What if you were the g/f, what would you do? What would you expect your B/f to do?

b

daryn
10-27-2005, 06:41 PM
do nothing. you got no power in this situation.

TheMainEvent
10-27-2005, 06:45 PM
Attacking the cop is clearly not an option. There are two of them, you will either get arrested, beaten, or shot, or some combination of those. If you really want to fight the cop wait until he is off duty. Attacking him there is basically giving up all human rights.

Supersetoy
10-27-2005, 06:48 PM
I really liked this whole situation. The movie as a whole was amazing.

And yes, I would do the same thing as he did. Sit there and smile.

EZ...kill him in his sleep.

BreakfastBurrito
Do nothing. The stupid bitch asked for it by getting out of the car and confronting the officer. Make sure next time she doesn't do that.

tdarko
10-27-2005, 06:53 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
i agree.

my gf and i chatted about this after we saw the movie and ended up agreeing that its not worth getting either rodney king'ed or hauled off to jail for beating the crap out of a cop b/c of a sick [censored].

but man would it be the toughest thing in the world to sit there and let some dirty cop violate your wife/gf and not do anything about it /images/graemlins/mad.gif.

mmbt0ne
10-27-2005, 06:56 PM
Get really pissed off at my gf/wife for being such a dirty tramp.

mmcd
10-27-2005, 07:01 PM
Make a note to myself of who the cop is, then find out as much as I can about him. Deal with him a couple of months later.

mmcd
10-27-2005, 07:09 PM
When I read the title and the beginning, I thought this post was going to be about what you'd do if you killed a hitchiker who you mistakenly thought was reaching for a gun on a desolate road .

Slow Play Ray
10-27-2005, 07:12 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Make a note to myself of who the cop is, then find out as much as I can about him. Deal with him a couple of months later.

[/ QUOTE ]

perfect - me too.

Ulysses
10-27-2005, 07:57 PM
First I kill my wife, then I go after the police force. I kill their kids. I kill their wives. I kill their parents and their parents' friends. I burn down the houses they live in, the stations they work in.

daryn
10-27-2005, 07:59 PM
http://www.ugcs.caltech.edu/~villains/graphics/soze.jpg

BeerMoney
10-27-2005, 08:02 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes.. In a very medieval (sp?) manner.

cwsiggy
10-27-2005, 08:06 PM
I don't suppose a lawsuit would get anywhere? His word against yours.

Kill him a few months later is probably better.

DrunkHamster
10-27-2005, 08:30 PM
Vnh indeed

jaydub
10-27-2005, 11:23 PM
1. Do nothing at the time cause as others said, no power
2. Divorce the wife cause she's a total bitch
3. Do absolutely nothing to the cop cause it ain't worth the risk. Life's too good to risk it and I know he'll get his, hopefully someone will push his [censored] in for him...

10-27-2005, 11:42 PM
I'd tell the cop I hope his father dies from urinal complications.

Awesome movie, btw.

Peter666
10-27-2005, 11:45 PM
Life's too good? Are you kidding me? Only a pussy would do nothing. Again, take all the information, wait a few months, stalk him and then drill a hole in his head with a 1/4 inch drill bit.

TheBlueMonster
10-27-2005, 11:46 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
i agree.

[/ QUOTE ]
Just get the f***er's badge number and report it. And use my tv exec power (if I were Terrance Howard's character) to villify him across every news program.

fantastic film may I add...

andyfox
10-27-2005, 11:47 PM
A rumor's not a rumor that doesn't die . . .

theBruiser500
10-27-2005, 11:50 PM
[ QUOTE ]
First I kill my wife, then I go after the police force. I kill their kids. I kill their wives. I kill their parents and their parents' friends. I burn down the houses they live in, the stations they work in.

[/ QUOTE ]

Then he kills their friends, and people who owed their friends money. And then poof, like that he's gone.

mmcd
10-28-2005, 12:02 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes.. In a very medieval (sp?) manner.

[/ QUOTE ]

I certainly wouldn't rule out killing him if I could do so without having much of chance of getting caught. I guess this would depend on his habits and what not, and if I could get to him in area where there would be no one else around, and basically make him disappear. But the first thing that comes to mind would be to plant a bunch of cash/coke in his car or house (and whatever other corraborative evidence that would be necessary to ensure a conviction) and have someone drop a dime. I have a feeling he'd be well received in the prison community.

One good aspect of the Federal Sentencing Guidelines regime would be that I get choose how long his sentence will be when I plant the coke. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

willie
10-28-2005, 12:02 AM
i haven't read the responses yet, but i know that it's a lot easier to talk a game than it is to actualy step up in the heat of the moemnt and assault an officer

that said, i'd be throwin elbows.

bobbyi
10-28-2005, 12:25 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Interesting movie. If you haven't seen the flick, and don't want to know what happens, stop reading here.

[/ QUOTE ]
I stopped reading here and didn't read responses because I don't know if I've seen the movie since you didn't specify which Crash. Is this the Cronenberg one or the really recent one?

Jules22
10-28-2005, 12:57 AM
am i reading this write, all you people thought this movie was great? i thought it was garbage, and should be renamed "unlikely coincidences"

jaydub
10-28-2005, 01:03 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Life's too good? Are you kidding me? Only a pussy would do nothing. Again, take all the information, wait a few months, stalk him and then drill a hole in his head with a 1/4 inch drill bit.

[/ QUOTE ]

If things go well I manage to hurt a degenerate. If they go badly I die or go to jail for a long time.

Why am I risking those consequences again for such a shitty benefit? Oh yeah, cause my pride is hurt.... right

daryn
10-28-2005, 01:07 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

If things go well I manage to hurt a degenerate. If they go badly I die or go to jail for a long time.

Why am I risking those consequences again for such a shitty benefit? Oh yeah, cause my pride is hurt.... right

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah man, people are soooo stupid. he felt up your wife OMG, I AM GOING TO KILL THAT COP "LOL"

please

TheBlueMonster
10-28-2005, 01:47 AM
[ QUOTE ]
am i reading this write , all you people thought this movie was great? i thought it was garbage, and should be renamed "unlikely coincidences"

[/ QUOTE ]
There's no need to respond. YOu did our jobs for for us....

bernie
10-28-2005, 02:27 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
I stopped reading here and didn't read responses because I don't know if I've seen the movie since you didn't specify which Crash. Is this the Cronenberg one or the really recent one?

[/ QUOTE ]

The recent one. At least it's the only one I know of which came out just this year.

Hope that helps.

b

bernie
10-28-2005, 02:29 AM
[ QUOTE ]
but i know that it's a lot easier to talk a game than it is to actualy step up in the heat of the moemnt and assault an officer

[/ QUOTE ]

Imo, proving 'game' is the worst option in this situation.

b

bobbyi
10-28-2005, 03:05 AM
[ QUOTE ]
The recent one. At least it's the only one I know of which came out just this year.

Hope that helps.

[/ QUOTE ]
Ok. I haven't seen that one, so I can't be much help in this thread. Here (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0115964/) is the other movie of the same title with which I was getting it confused. I have seen that one. It was weird and different, but overall not a very good movie.

Peter666
10-28-2005, 03:31 AM
If you don't have your pride, you have nothing. And if you can't defend your family then...go watch Oprah.

If I were your respective wives, I would leave in a heartbeat.

"OMG he felt up my wife, LOL" here officer, take my daughter too...

No wonder so many women turn into lesbians. What is a man good for if he can't kill somebody when the situation warrants it?

GuyOnTilt
10-28-2005, 03:39 AM
[ QUOTE ]

yeah man, people are soooo stupid. he felt up your wife OMG, I AM GOING TO KILL THAT COP "LOL"

please

[/ QUOTE ]
C'mon, it's not all that bad. Would you be pissed off enough to do something if a cop stuck his dick into your wife's vagina with you watching? How about his fingers then? How about just rubbing her then? Even if you personally would draw the line later than someone else, you can't think it's absurdly unreasonable to be pissed enough at a cop rubbing up your wife in front of you to do something about it. Can you?

GoT

handsome
10-28-2005, 03:43 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Would you be pissed off enough to do something if a cop stuck his dick into your wife's vagina with you watching?

[/ QUOTE ]

This line by itself is comic gold.

Sometimes you just have to take it in the ass.

Irieguy
10-28-2005, 03:59 AM
Well, you get his name and badge number, clearly.

Then what you do depends on how sick and vengeful you are. You could:

1. Hire a PI to follow him for a while and find out everything about him.

2. If he has children a few threatening letters with some sicked-out scenarios detailed in them would really make him squirm.

3. A broken femur is the shittiest of all "simple" injuries to inflict upon somebody. All you need is around $500 and a set of instructions for your little helper on how to properly use a 30.5oz baseball bat.

Irieguy

The Yugoslavian
10-28-2005, 04:22 AM
[ QUOTE ]

3. A broken femur is the shittiest of all "simple" injuries to inflict upon somebody. All you need is around $500 and a set of instructions for your little helper on how to properly use a 30.5oz baseball bat.

[/ QUOTE ]

I could use an extra five hundy....just tell me when, where and how.

/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

Yugoslav

ChipWrecked
10-28-2005, 05:52 AM
Overrated flick.

But far better than that Cronenberg piece of [censored].

You hire some hard, pipe-hittin' niggaz to go to work on him with some pliers and a blowtorch.

B Dids
10-28-2005, 11:47 AM
I just watched this this weekend.

It's a well done movie, but it's a little obvious in the overall point is makes, i.e., OMG RACISM BAD.

So as a whole, it's a little hamfisted, but the individual preformances are all amazing.

durron597
10-28-2005, 11:53 AM
Take out my cell phone and record the whole thing. Then give it to my lawyer.

jnalpak
10-28-2005, 12:03 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
i agree.

[/ QUOTE ]
Just get the f***er's badge number and report it. And use my tv exec power (if I were Terrance Howard's character) to villify him across every news program.

fantastic film may I add...

[/ QUOTE ]

I think that was the wife's take on it though, the the husband was too much of a pussy to react in way or form

and yes, a great film

daryn
10-28-2005, 01:39 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

please

[/ QUOTE ]
C'mon, it's not all that bad. Would you be pissed off enough to do something if a cop stuck his dick into your wife's vagina with you watching? How about his fingers then? How about just rubbing her then? Even if you personally would draw the line later than someone else, you can't think it's absurdly unreasonable to be pissed enough at a cop rubbing up your wife in front of you to do something about it. Can you?

GoT

[/ QUOTE ]

but what can you do? that's the point. i'm not doing anything that's going to get me killed or put in jail for 20 years.