PDA

View Full Version : Adjusting from only cash games to only low buy in MTTS (10-50)

10-27-2005, 06:05 PM
Is it possible?

I know the variance n MTTs and understand that players need to play cash games on the side to compensate for a bad run, however I feel like the strategies in cash games mine especially do not seem to work in MTTs. For example plays like checking a strong hand on the river when you feel that youre oppenent will bet a missed draw, is one of my most profitable plays in a cash game, but often times in a tournament by opponent will check back, even if I correctly read his hand for nothing. I guess this is because he can not make a bluff big enough for me to fold without committing most of his stack. From playing nl 200 2-4 tables at a time and an occasionally low buy in multis with my best finishes only a 6th in a PS 20, and first in an AP 5 buy in, I have managed to still make around 22K since the summer of 2004, as a full time student in college. Recently the cash games do not have the same appeal, and I am willing to give up the consitent 1-3K per month profits to get better at mtts, trying to do around 20-30 a week. Does this plan seem achievable, and if so assuming in those 25 or so multis I am in for 500 dollars of entry fees what types of returns are realistic, more so how much money could I really lose trying to invest in this idea.

Thanks
GARDOCK

10-27-2005, 06:22 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Does this plan seem achievable, and if so assuming in those 25 or so multis I am in for 500 dollars of entry fees what types of returns are realistic,

[/ QUOTE ]

It depends how well you run and if you can play well while running well. NOBODY knows what type of realistic expectation YOU have and you won't know until you try.