PDA

View Full Version : Some 2/4 Hands

Homer
06-10-2003, 01:44 PM
Hand 1

I'm dealt K9d in the CO. Three limpers to me, I limp, blinds complete/check. Six to the flop.

Flop - Ks 7c Jh

EP bets, extremely loose LP (could have any two cards) calls, I call.

Turn - 6c

EP bets, loosie folds, I call.

River - Td

EP bets, I call.

Hand 2

I'm dealt QTs in the BB. UTG+1 raises, loosie calls in MP, I call. Three to the flop for two bets.

Flop - 9c Th 5c

I bet, UTG+1 raises, MP folds and I call.

Turn - Kd

I check, UTG+1 checks.

River - 2d

I think and check, UTG+1 checks.

Hand 3

I'm dealt JJ in the BB. NETO (Any two) button limps and NETO SB completes. I raise and both call. Three to the flop for two bets.

Flop - Kc 6d Tc

I bet, both call.

Turn - 4h

I bet, both call.

River - Ah

I check, button bets, SB folds and I call.

Hand 4

I'm dealt A7s on the button. Two limpers to me and I limp. SB completes and BB checks. Five to the flop.

Flop - 2s Jh 7h

Checked to me, I bet and get three callers.

Turn - 6d

Checked to me, I bet and get one caller.

River - 5d

Checked to me, I bet and am called.

Hand 5

I'm dealt AQo on the button. Five limpers to me and I limp. Six to the flop.

Flop - 6s 2s 6c

Checked to loose LP who bets, I raise, loose crazy player coldcalls and LP calls.

Turn - Qh

Checked to me, I bet, loose crazy player calls and LP folds.

River - 7d

I bet and loosie calls.

-- Homer

Bob T.
06-10-2003, 02:00 PM
Hand 1) I think that K9 is the worst hand in holdem, at least it feels like it in my world, so I never play it, unless I am in the big blind for free.

Hand 2) I wouldn't play this hand for two bets.

Hand 3) I like how you played this hand. I might have bet the river, and folded to a raise though.

Hand 4) Nice hand. I would be surprised if you didn't win.

Hand 5) I'm not sure I like playing the overcards in this situation. You limped preflop, so the pot is smaller, and you have nothing but overcards on a paired and twotone board. There are a ton of ways to lose this hand, I would fold in this situation, but if you are going to play, I think that raising is the only play. Nice turn card. I think you might have beat a pair of 8s or 9s on this hand.

Homer
06-10-2003, 02:05 PM
I won each of the hands.

Hand 1 - My opponent showed Kh 4h for top-pair with a weaker kicker.

I think I played this hand well, though a case can be made for raising somewhere along the way (probably the turn). The loose caller in between the bettor and me didn't concern me too much. This player could have had literally any two cards. I didn't want to raise the flop in case I was outkicked (god knows why I respect an EP limper in these games so much) and my hand was much too strong to fold. I thought about raising the turn, but I was fairly certain my opponent would bet again on the river with all sorts of hands that might fold to a turn raise. Then again, people love to call down with crap in these games, so perhaps raising would have been a better play.

(btw, I'll stop limping with K9s in the CO when my opponents stop limping in EP with K4s! /forums/images/icons/tongue.gif)

Hand 2 - My opponent showed AJo for high-card ace.

I called the flop raise with the intention of leading out on the turn. When the King came I couldn't think of many hands that I could beat, given that my opponent raised from EP preflop. I checked with the intention of folding. If I intended to call a bet, I would have bet it myself. When my opponent checked it through I figured he must have something like 88/AJ/AQ and maybe JJ/QQ (though he didn't play too weak-tight so these aren't too likely). On the river, I thought I would only get a call from something like 88 and hands like AJ/AQ would fold. I checked hoping that my opponent would bluff at it, given that I showed no strength during the hand other than betting the flop. In retrospect, hands like AJ and AQ have showdown value, so he will probably check these through and hope they are good. I should bet and hope he calls with these hands.

Hand 3 - My psycho opponent showed T3d for second-pair, weak kicker on the flop.

I think I played this hand well. The only questionable play is the river. If I bet, psycho on the button would call with a ton of hands, but SB (who is slightly more reasonable) will not necessarily overcall. If I check, SB will bet with many of the hands he would have called with plus some bluffs given that an Ace fell on the river. SB will likely call with more hands now than if I had bet and psycho had called.

Hand 4 - My opponent showed 82d for bottom pair, [censored] kicker.

I think I played this hand perfectly.

Hand 5 - My psycho opponent showed 32d for two-pair, sixes and twos.

I think maybe I should have folded on the flop, but given the texture of the board I felt that it was worth raising, hoping to get it heads-up with the loose LP bettor. When the psycho coldcalled I wasn't too scared. I figured he had overcards that were worse than mine. He would likely have bet with a pocket pair or a pair of deuces on the flop, rather than check-calling. After the turn, I knew I was good unless psycho sprung to life with a raise.

-- Homer

Homer
06-10-2003, 02:06 PM
Thanks for the comments, Bob.

Notice that in Hand 2 I was in the big blind, so it cost me one bet to see the flop, not two. Even then, I think the call was questionable given that an early position player raised preflop.

-- Homer

yct
06-10-2003, 02:13 PM
Did you borrow a page from Mason's hand to talk about? At the end it's always "My hand is good". /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

Homer
06-10-2003, 02:16 PM
I am Mason. Don't tell anyone.

Best wishes, Mason

ElSapo
06-10-2003, 02:26 PM
Hand 1 - Muck pre-flop. After that, I raise the turn.

Hand 2 - I'd play it the same way, and probably fold had he bet again on the turn. If he doesn't bet the turn but bets the river, I don't know if I'd call. I want to say yes, but that's just because I know you won.

Hand 3 - I like it.

Hand 4 - I check on the end. Otherwise, the same. I tend to leave some bets on the table, but of late I have a paranoia of the river check-raise for someone who's cheesy 2nd pair comes.

Hand 5 - I fold on the flop, but that's just me. I sweat someone holding that 6.

BrazilZung
06-10-2003, 03:20 PM
<font color="blue">

Homer:

I won each of the hands.

Hand 1 - My opponent showed Kh 4h for top-pair with a weaker kicker.

I think I played this hand well </font color>

Really? I think you played it like a calling station.

Would you have thought "Boy, I really played this hand well" if the guy flipped over KQ?

Alternatively, say you limp early with KJs or something in a loose game, flop a K, bet on every street, and some tourist calls you down with K9. The action goes bet-call, bet-call, bet-call. Do you think that guy played his hand well? Cause that's how you just played K9.

I think you need to raise on the flop and go from there, though you can fold on the flop if the guy's tight.

I'm not sure about hand 2, but I think you played 3, 4, and 5 well, although I'd probably raise preflop in hand 5.

-Zung

Homer
06-10-2003, 03:38 PM
Really? I think you played it like a calling station.

Calling down is a valid option at times. We don't always have to raise or fold.

Would you have thought "Boy, I really played this hand well" if the guy flipped over KQ?

Yes, because I would have lost less by playing in the manner that I did. Plus, I don't like to be results-oriented. Just because my opponent showed KQ this time doesn't mean he won't show K4s next time.

Alternatively, say you limp early with KJs or something in a loose game, flop a K, bet on every street, and some tourist calls you down with K9. The action goes bet-call, bet-call, bet-call. Do you think that guy played his hand well? Cause that's how you just played K9.

It doesn't matter if the game is loose or tight. It matters how the particular opponent who limped in early position plays. If I limped early with hands such as K4s, then I would have no problem with a tourist calling me down with K9. My opponent in this hand, like most players at Party Poker, plays any cards from any position.

-- Homer

Bob T.
06-10-2003, 06:00 PM
oops, thats what happens to me when I go through those multi hand posts. I would have called out of the big blind, and either checkraised, or bet out on the flop, and then adjusted from there.

SoBeDude
06-10-2003, 06:20 PM
Hi Homer.

Hand 1:
Funny how I just read your reply to my KT post. It went something like this:

I think if someone is unable to lay this hand down after flopping top-pair, but suspecting that he is outkicked, then he shouldn't play the hand to begin with.

Now granted you call preflop with a different scenario (you're suited and in the blinds). But postflop, you're in a worse spot than I was.

First, you have horrible position. Second your kicker is worse. Third, you just call? How is calling the correct play here?

Granted you weren't raised, but the raise on my board easily could have represented a flush draw.

Hand 2: well played, you're hand is good.

Hand 3: I hate this spot. I'm never sure what do to. Let me guess guy called you down with Tens?

Hand 4. I'd play it the same way.

Hand 5. Nice raise with overcards and position trying to represent the 6. When you weren't raised on the turn your hand was good I think.

-Scott

lil'
06-10-2003, 07:08 PM
I think on hand one I would raise the flop, because I can't bear the thought of some stupid J or 7 geting two pair or making trips while I call with the possible best hand. Are my fears unjustified?

The other hands I would have played exactly the same as you did. I hope I would check A-Qo (hand 5) if I was in your spot, as I think that is certainly the right play. The flop raise was also a good move.

BrazilZung
06-10-2003, 07:33 PM
Ok, you're probably right that it's not bad to play it like you did against an any-two player. (It wasn't clear from the original post that we were to assume the EP was an any-two player).

I still think you are a little better throwing in a raise somewhere though.

Thanks,
Zung