PDA

View Full Version : American Zion

trotski
10-27-2005, 04:50 PM
Did a search and didn't find anything, sorry if this has been posted previously...

I'm just curious what people perceive this movie to be. Is it Mormon propaganda, showing the 'plight' of the Mormons, and trying to recruit members, or do people think this holds some historical value? I'm a cynical bastard, and view it as propaganda, but just wanted other 00Tiots opinions.

Discuss...

Patrick del Poker Grande
10-27-2005, 04:54 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Did a search and didn't find anything, sorry if this has been posted previously...

I'm just curious if anyone else on the planet has seen this movie. Is it Mormon propaganda, showing the 'plight' of the Mormons, and trying to recruit members, or do people think this holds some historical value? I'm a cynical bastard, and don't think anyone else has even heard of it, but just wanted to see if some other crazy 00Tiot has seen it.

Discuss...

[/ QUOTE ]

trotski
10-27-2005, 04:56 PM
Imdb Linky (http://imdb.com/title/tt0457530/)

CollinEstes
10-27-2005, 05:06 PM
Propaganda in my opinion. Mormionism is a cult in my opinion.

wayabvpar
10-27-2005, 06:00 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Propaganda in my opinion. Mormionism is a cult in my opinion.

[/ QUOTE ]

Judging from the little I could glean from the IMDB entry, I am inclined to agree. On both counts.

stabn
10-27-2005, 06:01 PM
Lamest movie title ever.

Dominic
10-27-2005, 06:40 PM
all you need to know about Mormons was discussed brilliantly in the South Park episode of a few seasons ago.

10-27-2005, 06:49 PM
I dunno guys, I've been really good friends with a bunch of mormons, and I dont see the need to call it a cult. Im an atheist, who will NEVER be mormon, but there is some historical accuracy in the book of mormon, and its at least very interesting.

take a look at it.

people tend to make fun of things different from what tehy know, that they dont understand.