PDA

View Full Version : Limp/Raise, The Weanies and the Frankfurters

10-27-2005, 04:29 PM
What do you believe to be the average raising/limping ratio for a typical no-limit (10-handed) regarding TT+, AK, AQ?

For instance, I NEVER limp with any of those hands...UNLESS there is some extremely aggressive player behind me. But, if he is truly that aggro, then I should probably raise anyway, let him put in a raise, and then BIG reraise (maybe call, and try to trap, but that's a different story altogether).

I said that I never limp, but I may not be in the majority (as may be true of many of the 2+2ers here). What do you think the percentages are for the mean of players out there? These percentages should change dramatically regarding position, no? For instance, it should be FAR more likely for someone to limping with one on those hands from under the gun rather than limping along in a multiway pot with them.

10-27-2005, 04:30 PM
I'll limp TT and AQo in EP through MP1. Sometimes. Maybe 30-40%. I'll raise otherwise.

Guin
10-27-2005, 05:20 PM
I have enjoyed limping with ak from utg and calling small raises with it. I have found that with no preflop raise you can play quite hard with TPTK vs. TPGK to make it profitable. It also allows you to reraise against maniacs which is also quite profitable. Since I play quite tight I find that they fold to my large reraise.

%age wise I am not sure but from early you could also probably add JJ to the mix... again to be used to fight back against very agro players.

Guin