PDA

View Full Version : fearing monsters?

midwestkc
10-27-2005, 04:15 PM
$.5/$1 at Bet365...against an extremely Loose passive (over 131 hands with him he is 50/9/.58) I'm MP1 with KK. Villain is UTG+2.

Folded to villain who limps, I raise. Folded to villain who reraises, I cap.

Flop comes 9 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif5 /images/graemlins/spade.gif9 /images/graemlins/spade.gif

Villain bets, I raise, He reraises, I call

(Should I cap here, knowing he could have anything, combined with the fact that he limp-reraised, I just called, thinking he could have a nine or Aces...This is where I think I begin fearing monsters)

Turn is 2 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif

Villain bets, I call.

(Here is where I become a wimp. I just can't figure it out. He limp reraises, and then is leading out 2 times in a row, when he is extremely passive over my sample size)

River is 7 /images/graemlins/club.gif

Villain bets I call.

final pot 11.25BB.

Comments are appreciated. I couldn't find a converter for Prima skins, so I apologize for the awkward layout. TIA

car ramrod
10-27-2005, 04:18 PM
if I call that flop, its to raise teh turn. I would slow down if he 3bets me on teh turn.

gharp
10-27-2005, 04:25 PM
[ QUOTE ]
if I call that flop, its to raise teh turn. I would slow down if he 3bets me on teh turn.

[/ QUOTE ]
Yup -- you're really only afraid of AA. So far his play is also consistent with QQ/JJ/TT too.

Nikademus
10-27-2005, 04:28 PM
He could be playing any hand, but the raises pre-flop puts him on something good.

On the flop, there's no flush concerns, and his pre-flop tells you he's not holding a gutshot. His betting tells you he has something though, either a 9 or, TT, JJ, QQ, KK, AA. You beat most of those. I just read in Harrington's book that you absolutely cannot play as if your opponent has the AA when you have KK (happens 1 in 24 apparently).

A discussion will probably develop over whether to call or raise the flop for more info, I'll leave it to others more knowledgable.

If you raised on the flop, and either got called or re-raised, I'd check/call the river.