PDA

View Full Version : Fantasy Poker Scenario

KennyBanya
10-27-2005, 03:33 PM
Here's the scenario:

Your local mafia chieftain or drug lord "heard" you are good at poker. He and Luca Brasi stop by and make you an offer you can't refuse.

He will stake you in a private version of "the Big Game" at the Bellagio for $5 million. You get to keep 50% of the profit. Assume the game is completely on the level and a mixed games format of Limit Holdem,O8b, stud, stud8b, deuce to seven triple draw, and some big bet games like PLO, PLHE, NLHE and single draw lowball with a reasonable cap of some kind. Lets say some combination of 8 of those games the players agree on.

Here's the best news, you get to select your 8 opponents. These opponents must come from a pool of qualifiers. Minimum 3 must be world champions. The remaining 3 to 5 must be bracelet winners or WPT open event winners. A ladies night or young guns winner wouldnt qualify. Obviously they must be living opponents as well.

Who are you playing against?

I will be back with my picks.

Peace,

KennyBanya

TheHip41
10-27-2005, 03:40 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Here's the scenario:

Your local mafia chieftain or drug lord "heard" you are good at poker. He and Luca Brasi stop by and make you an offer you can't refuse.

He will stake you in a private version of "the Big Game" at the Bellagio for $5 million. You get to keep 50% of the profit. Assume the game is completely on the level and a mixed games format of Limit Holdem,O8b, stud, stud8b, deuce to seven triple draw, and some big bet games like PLO, PLHE, NLHE and single draw lowball with a reasonable cap of some kind. Lets say some combination of 8 of those games the players agree on.

Here's the best news, you get to select your 8 opponents. These opponents must come from a pool of qualifiers. Minimum 3 must be world champions. The remaining 3 to 5 must be bracelet winners or WPT open event winners. A ladies night or young guns winner wouldnt qualify. Obviously they must be living opponents as well.

Who are you playing against?

I will be back with my picks.

Peace,

KennyBanya

[/ QUOTE ]

1. Varkonyi
2. Moneymaker
3. Ferguson he is cool.

4-8: Find some random chump bracelet winners.

Steel Aces
10-27-2005, 04:07 PM
I'd look into some of the old ME WSOP winners who don't play as much anymore, or at least not at top levels. Do guys like Bill Smith (85), Hal Fowler (79) Noel Furlong (99) Jack Keller (84) still play? Are they alive? I realize I could be off here, but I don't see their names mentioned much anymore. I'm also not saying these are not good players, just that they MAY not be as sharp now. Moneymaker and Varkoni in limit games too.

Other bracelet winners? Definitely Danny Nyguyngyungyunngn (sp?) and Erick Brenes.

10-27-2005, 05:12 PM
I thought your fantasy poker scenario was going to involve Clonie Gowan, Erin Ness, Isabelle Mercier, Jen Harmon, a gallon of vegetable oil, two cans of whipped cream, and a hairless midget.

Dominic
10-27-2005, 05:26 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I thought your fantasy poker scenario was going to involve Clonie Gowan, Erin Ness, Isabelle Mercier, Jen Harmon, a gallon of vegetable oil, two cans of whipped cream, and a hairless midget.

[/ QUOTE ]

I dig hairless midgets. That's hot.
Oh, and young sheep. Lambs, really. Anyone else into this?

tek
10-27-2005, 10:26 PM
Maybe my standards are too high, but I don't think any of them are that great...

daryn
10-27-2005, 11:08 PM
cash game right?

michael mizrachi please.

phish
10-28-2005, 01:13 PM
Among your qualified pool, there may be 10 that you WOULDN'T want. The rest are all fish.