PDA

View Full Version : Cracked?

ArchAngel71857
06-10-2003, 11:12 AM
$.50/$1 at party poker. 8 person table

In SB and get A /forums/images/icons/diamond.gif J /forums/images/icons/club.gif . UTG and UTG+1 limp. MPs fold to CO and Button who limp. I raise, BB folds, calls around.

Flop 6 /forums/images/icons/diamond.gif 5 /forums/images/icons/club.gif 8 /forums/images/icons/club.gif . I check. UTG bets, UTG+1 calls, CO folds, button and I call.

Turn 2 /forums/images/icons/club.gif . I check, UTG bets, UTG+1 times out and calls all in, button folds, I call.

River 8 /forums/images/icons/diamond.gif . I check and fold.

Was this the right move? SHould I have folded sooner? What about raising in the SB with AJo? critques welcome.

-AA (in this case AJ with a missed flop).

Inthacup
06-10-2003, 11:55 AM
There are many reasons not to raise w/ AJun in the SB.

1. It's not strong enough
2. You're out of position for the rest of the hand
3. You aren't going to get anyone to fold and you are building the pot odds for any drawing hand.
4. AJun is better off being played when there are less opponents.

On the flop there are 11 SB. You have 6 overcard outs and a backdoor draw to the 4th nut flush. I don't think you can count the backdoor flush as 1 out as it will most likely lose to a bigger flush most of the time. You're getting the odds to call on the flop, but that's based on the fact you made a pretty big error preflop.

On the turn you've picked up your flush draw and it's pretty much heads up. The pot is offering 6.5 to 1. If you hit your flush, then you can't play it aggressively, especially if it's a club below J. If you do have the best club, then your opponent will likely check behind you if you check the river. If you bet, you should fold to a raise. None of these situations I like. I don't think you should call the turn, but I don't think you should have made it to the turn anyways.

dirty_dan
06-10-2003, 12:42 PM
I would have completed in the SB and I flopped an ace or a jack folded to a flop bet. AJo is a trouble hand and you have the worst position.

GrinningBuddha
06-10-2003, 06:32 PM
My preference given how this played out:

Pre-flop: Call.

Flop: Fold. Given an UTG and UTG+1 caller, your ace may be dominated with A8, A6, or A5, or you could be drawing dead to a set. Not likely, but something to keep in mind. Factor in UTG betting, UTG+1 calling, and a likely button drawing hand, your outs are likely very few; too few to call with.

Turn: Fold. Just like the flop, but worse.