PDA

View Full Version : random thank you's and thoughts

Little Lew
10-27-2005, 02:11 PM
I've spent a lot of time reading the FAQ and the threads that others recommended and have been playing the $5+1 SNGs at Party with good success. Thank you all.
It is amazing that this group is so supportive of what essentially are competitors.

My admiration grows for those who can multitable SNGs. I tried last night and inadvertently signed up for two NL and one Limit tourney (mistake). As luck would have it, I got past the bubble and cashed in all 3 but it was an incredibly frantic 20 minutes.

I'll need much more experience and much, much more caffeine before I'll can manage this again. Thanks again to the group.

axeshigh
10-27-2005, 02:14 PM
If you've read everything you should know by now that your time would be better spent at the 10+1s!

Mr_J
10-27-2005, 02:23 PM
"and much, much more caffeine"

Seriously raises your heartbeat which I'd imagine takes YEARS off your life. I feel like I'm killin myself drinking 2-3 1.25L bottles of pepsi max a day.

Little Lew
10-27-2005, 02:53 PM
[ QUOTE ]
If you've read everything you should know by now that your time would be better spent at the 10+1s!

[/ QUOTE ]

I read most of it, I undertood only some of that and I can't get all of that into play. I want to spend some more time at low-risk, very low cost SNGs before I get swell-headed and move up even a little.

Are the $10+ games the same as the $5+?

playtitleist
10-27-2005, 02:57 PM
I haven't played the $6s to be able to answer your question, but what I believe Mr_J meant was: If you have read everything, then somewhere in there you would have read that the extra vig on the PP $5 (20% vs. 10%) is -EV.

10-27-2005, 02:58 PM
If you are having good success at the 5s then you should deffinatly move up to the 10s. it wont be much of a jump if any.

se2schul
10-27-2005, 03:13 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Are the $10+ games the same as the $5+?

[/ QUOTE ]

The 11's are such a small jump in skill than the 6's that I hardly noticed. The small improvement in skill is more than made up for by the savings in rake. The same basic ABC poker that beats the 6's also beats the 11's.

good luck

Slim Pickens
10-27-2005, 04:13 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I haven't played the $6s to be able to answer your question, but what I believe Mr_J meant was: If you have read everything, then somewhere in there you would have read that the extra vig on the PP $5 (20% vs. 10%) is -EV.

[/ QUOTE ]

He might have also rad the thing about playing within your bankroll and comfort level. You never know.

Gramps
10-27-2005, 05:11 PM
If you're playing $5 SNGs, play on Poker Stars which only charges 10% vig ($.50) vs. Party which charges you 20% ($1). No shame in staying well within your comfort level, whatever it may be.

rbear
10-27-2005, 05:16 PM
lets see.... biggest difference b/t 6 and 11... in 11's 2 people aren't out at the end of the first hand, it takes a rotation for that

Little Lew
10-28-2005, 01:28 PM
[ QUOTE ]
The 11's are such a small jump in skill than the 6's that I hardly noticed. The small improvement in skill is more than made up for by the savings in rake. The same basic ABC poker that beats the 6's also beats the 11's.

[/ QUOTE ]

playing both now.
slightly better rate in 5s
more money in 10s

thanks again

The Yugoslavian
10-28-2005, 02:41 PM
[ QUOTE ]

My admiration grows for those who can multitable SNGs.

[/ QUOTE ]

I hear Big Lew is the [censored] bomb at multitabling.

Too bad you're Little Lew, /images/graemlins/crazy.gif.

Yugoslav