PDA

View Full Version : I'm sorry

dux
06-10-2003, 11:02 AM
I'm apologising because this post is a bit about 7 card stud. And there's a forum for that I know. But I posted it there and got 12 views in about a day and half. Here in the zoo, I'm a chance to get 120 views, and maybe even response. Also it's about internet gambling.

So here is a copy of my post:

<font color="#3A2885">Has anybody played the micro games at PokerStars? When I log on at about 10 am EST, there is usually a full table 50c/$1 game going. I am a fool when it comes to playing stud, but so far I have booked 3 wins at this game, by getitng a rush of cards.

My question is, has anybody played these games before, and are the 7 stud games at PokerStars as hard as the Holdem Games there?

And a general question for Stud players, is the edge (not skill, but ability to show Xbb an hour profit) as great as in Hold'em?
</font color>

bentlyman
06-10-2003, 11:16 AM
Stud is not my game either...My only advice...stay away from Tom McEvoy in shorthanded stud. I made that mistake. Won't again.

Felicia will probably be able to answer ur ?'s dux, she specializes in stud. she'll be back wed i think, in AC now.

Good luck at the tables /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif

crazy canuck
06-10-2003, 11:23 AM
The edge is bigger in stud but also is the variance (more betting rounds). And yes the Stud games at Stars are tough too...at least compared to other sites. I occasionally play stud there, but often stud7. Stud7 can be sometimes good with 2-3 fish, but after they bust out/leave the game turns into a rock garden.

dogsballs
06-10-2003, 12:38 PM
I assume you mean stud/8 games. Used to be my bread and butter game on paradise and short while stars. Now they're way too tight usually. Yep, they're a rock garden unless you spot the suckers who're donating. Couple of players do on Stars.

Many online stud games are ok if you want to be a rock - the ante structure sees to that.
eg: $4/8, $0.50 ante/$2 bring-in. Gotta play tight.

FeliciaLee
06-11-2003, 05:28 PM
Felicia will probably be able to answer ur ?'s dux, she specializes in stud. she'll be back wed i think, in AC now.

LOL. I'm still ROFL over this.

Seriously, I don't even play ring online. I hate it, in fact. I played at Paradise for about a week, did pretty well at the 50/1.00 tables, hated it, and quit forever.

I rarely even play Stud live anymore. I can't beat the 5/10 Stud at the Trop, only seem to beat it at the Taj on weekends and at night and don't play enough to even claim that I'm really winning, lol.

I'm a tourney addict. Hello, my name is Felicia D...