PDA

View Full Version : PP $11 - Bubble hand in the BB with marginal hand. Get involved?

playtitleist
10-27-2005, 01:04 PM
After posting BB I am shorty and even shorter when I post the SB next hand.

1) Should I get involved here?
2) Against one min-raiser, I am pushing this. Is that wrong?

Seat 1: TheJuizyOne (2360)
Seat 6: punisher01 (3380)
Seat 7: playtitleist (1190)
Seat 9: creativepuzz (1070)
punisher01 posts small blind (100)
playtitleist posts big blind (200)
** Dealing down cards **
Dealt to playtitleist [ Qh, Jh ]
creativepuzz folds.
TheJuizyOne raises (400) to 400
punisher01 calls (300)
playtitleist ???

Peace.

10-27-2005, 01:11 PM
I don't like it. Your fold equity after a raise and a call is non-existent, and you almost have to be behind when called (which you will be). No fold equity+worst hand=not good.

10-27-2005, 01:12 PM
I think you have to lay this down and look for a better spot to be first into the pot. I think pushing here is going to get most of the time and qj is going to be a coinflip at best. It also seems so we will be in pretty bad shape a lot with villian having aq aj kq or kj very often in this situation. fold here and look to push any 2 next time it folds to you.

bluefeet
10-27-2005, 01:14 PM
not 3-way /images/graemlins/frown.gif

without the caller (i'm going to go out on a limb here - and, yes i still have to get back to that post), THIS would have been a decent SNG hand!

anyway...pretty looking hand. it'd be nice to see the flop for sure. but even with a hit, you're chance for reward has been reduced by the caller PF.

given the stacks in play, the difference between 890 and 690 might just be enough to pick up a set of blinds having cleared them (or next hand, where you WILL be pushing any two given the chance).

10-27-2005, 06:37 PM
With the raise and the caller, I'd definantly fold. Without the caller though, I might think about pushing. Half of the time they fold or maybe a low pocket pair. And then there are those times when you run into aces or kings. Not for sure what the correct play would be without the caller, I guess it depends on reads.