PDA

View Full Version : Rakeless site?

UATrewqaz
10-27-2005, 12:35 PM
I've read one or two post talking about some "rakeless" poker room that doesn't have very good software or that many players but hey, it's rakeless.

Two questions...

1. What is it?

2. What's the catch? I can understand a group of people setting out to make a rakeless site, just for the hell of it, but what about the funds? If players deposit funds where do they go? etc.

Anyone know anything?

Nfinity
10-27-2005, 12:39 PM
Are you talking about the Dutch Boyd fiasco Site?

If not then I can't think of any site your talking about with no rake.

10-27-2005, 12:42 PM
ive heard about sites offering monthly fees for players?

ie: you pay $100 at the start of the month and can play unlimited poker without a rake.

i think the general idea sucks because only sharks will play there, fish dont notice the rake.

lautzutao
10-27-2005, 01:00 PM
Haha, Dutch Boyd has a poker room?

10-27-2005, 01:06 PM
I've thought about this before.
Not only must poker sites make ridiculous money from rake but think about this:

What are they doing with all the dead money in their system.
You deposit 500 bucks along with 20,000 other people (1 million dollars [place little pinky at corner of mouth])and the site just gives you pretend (virtual) money to play with. They keep a certain amount available for draw outs and they must be making [censored]loads on interest on the rest.
It's only a matter of time before competition gets so great that a 'severely reduced rake' site exists (if it doesn't already).

MrWookie47
10-27-2005, 01:08 PM
That severely reduced rake site already exists. It's called, "PokerStars."

VoraciousReader
10-27-2005, 01:52 PM
[ QUOTE ]
That severely reduced rake site already exists. It's called, "PokerStars."

[/ QUOTE ]

Here's an interesting thread (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showthreaded.php?Cat=&Number=3657573&page=0&view=c ollapsed&sb=5&o=14&fpart=10#Post3792307) that gets into some of the rake differences, which are especially advantageous at micro limits and 6m. Also some very interesting upcoming changes at Stars.

(I'm not a shill, but I just love Stars. It's where I started playing online poker for play $ and it still feels like home anytime I boot the software.)

MrWookie47
10-27-2005, 02:00 PM
Since VR linked to the first post and the meat of it is buried, here's the part you really want to read. (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showthreaded.php?Cat=&Number=3781348&page=0&view=c ollapsed&sb=5&o=14&vc=1)