PDA

View Full Version : Anyone play PokerRoom?

Mercman572
10-27-2005, 11:57 AM
I am giving this site a shot since party split and there are no other bonuses going on. I'm noticing the play is much different than both the old and new party and xparty games. I've been playing $100 NL over there and the general playstyle is much more aggressive and volatile. Players seem to bluff with much more frequency and seem to be much more bluff wary. They will frequently minimum raise what they believe to be bluffs as well rather than fold. Also, rarely will a LP player check when checked to regardless of the amount of people before him and the texture of the board. So I wouldn't say they are good players, just very different. Anyone notice anything like this and have a good adaptive strategy? I'm torn right now between playing weak-tight and playing on the second level and and restealing. Here's an example.

Effective Stacks $100. Hero has AQ UTg and raises 5 BB (conditions warranted it). Mp2 &CO call. Neither are overly donkish but I believe them to follow the generalized pattern I mentioned about.

Flop 289 rainbow. Checked Through
Turn (pot $13.50) 9 now 2 clubs. Since most often here CO's would bet top pair I bet $8. MP2, Folds, CO minimum Raises to 16. I call.
River ($45) Bricks. I bet $25, villain folds.

If our positions were switched, and I bet the turn when checked to I most likely would have been checkminimum raised. Thoughts on the best way to adjust? Seems like opponents are much more aware in general of bluffing opportunities, but don't know HOW to do it. They bluff small into multiway pots when checked to in position, or bluff small in position on a paired board despite there being a flushdraw. Things like that.

scrapperdog
10-27-2005, 12:19 PM
Dont play pokeroom but can tell you this style of play is common on a number of the smaller networks. It is a transition for sure.

FlyingStart
10-27-2005, 12:38 PM
Why shouldn't he play at pokerroom? I have most of my bankroll there, and I don't have any problems with it.

I haven't thought much about general tendencies in the play at pokerroom compared to other sites, and I haven't played much NL at PartyPoker. I do play a little NL on stars tho, and I guess the play there is a more weak/tight when I think about it

djhoneybear
10-27-2005, 12:42 PM
I play pokerroom because I have a mac. I find your style assessment accurate. Its tough to adapt to and causes a large swing in your chips but you need to stay aggressive. Even on your monsters you can bet half the pot to full pot and still get two callers. Lots of people draw without the odds to continue and bluff when they miss. Just be wary of TPTK hands unless you are heads up.

Mercman572
10-27-2005, 12:54 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Why shouldn't he play at pokerroom? I have most of my bankroll there, and I don't have any problems with it.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think he meant that he personally doesn't play PR

nuSFwck
10-27-2005, 12:54 PM
i think he was saying "i don't play at pokerroom, but..."

4ever
10-27-2005, 01:17 PM
He was...

anyway. I play on pokerroom almost exclusively. I don't like the NL games much, probably because I can't seem to get enough information to play a solid NL game Anywhere on the internet, but I play the STT's all the time. I dare to say that they are almost easy once you develope a strategy. The short handed (5) STT's reward an aggressive player while the full tables reward the patient one. Good stuff.