PDA

View Full Version : Do I Get Anything Right Here At All??? JJ Heads-Up

10-27-2005, 11:20 AM
Villian is definitely aggressive preflop as well as post flop. Raising with hands I usually call with and reraising with hands I would just raise with preflop. Post-flop is non-stop aggression with a flop AF=12 and turn AF=8. On the river I didn't see him call once (thus no river AF) over 90 hands. His VP$ is about 20% so he could be a TAG on a rush but for sure with a heavy emphasis on the AG. He has won about two-thirds of the hands he's played, many without a showdown. When he does showdown I think we was batting about .750.

PokerStars 0.50/1.00 Hold'em (9 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx (http://www.zerodivide.cx/converter)

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with J/images/graemlins/spade.gif, J/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
<font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP3 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero caps</font>, MP3 calls.

In general I have problems knowing when to cap. Usually I just call with JJ but I've seen this guy reraise with KJoff. Okay and maybe I was a little "tilted" by this guy.

Flop: (9.50 SB) 2/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif, Q/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP3 raises</font>, Hero calls.

Is the bet is okay here?? Should I have 3-bet? Checked and let him bet it? Check/fold, check/raise??? Arghhhh!

Turn: (6.75 BB) 4/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP3 bets</font>, Hero calls.

I get passive here for sure. Standard WA/WB? I don't see a fold and certainly don't see a raise??????

River: (8.75 BB) 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP3 bets</font>, Hero calls.

Same. Same.

Final Pot: 10.75 BB

Thanks for the help.

bozlax
10-27-2005, 11:26 AM
These are tough. Your opponent is tight (sure sounds like a TAG on a rush), but his aggression isn't going to tell you anything at all. I think I like the preflop cap. Given your read I might have gone for the c/r on the flop, especially if you've EVER seen him slow down to a c/r. If not, bet-call/check-call/check-call is fine on this board.

Nikademus
10-27-2005, 11:30 AM
The only problem here is that throughout the entire hand, you don't know where you stand. Maybe a check-raise on the flop would have helped define your hand, maybe not. Either way, calling down the rest of the way seems fine.

10-27-2005, 11:34 AM
I think this looks fine against a superaggressive opponent. Let him do the betting for you. I certainly am not raising anywhere here, and really am not thinking about folding to the type of opponent.

MrWookie47
10-27-2005, 12:22 PM
You don't need to know exactly where you stand if you can make +EV moves w/o knowing. You shouldn't pay money to define your hand unless it's +EV to do so.

nh, hero.

Edit: Let me reword my second sentence. You shouldn't make -EV bets and raises just to "define your hand."

10-27-2005, 12:47 PM
*grunch*
Is there any other way to play this hand?

10-27-2005, 01:22 PM
Thanks for the responses everyone. It seems like maybe this current downswing is taking a toll on my confidence as well as my bankroll /images/graemlins/blush.gif. I was seeing red and feeling out-of-control last night when I played that hand, which is the reason for the post. I quit shortly thereafter (at the time it was forever /images/graemlins/smirk.gif), but this morning I was reviewing and re-reviewing the session and back to the forum so I guess I will be ready for more tonight. OR maybe I'll take tonight off and drink some beer instead. Thanks again, everyone.

2+2 Junkie
10-27-2005, 01:33 PM
grunching.

Since we are heads up, I think this is a classic opportunity to use WA/WB, check/call, check/call, bet. To me this is the best way to play the hand.

DMBFan23
10-27-2005, 03:06 PM
[ QUOTE ]
grunching.

Since we are heads up, I think this is a classic opportunity to use WA/WB, check/call, check/call, bet. To me this is the best way to play the hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

AK has 6 outs which is significant on the turn - not quite WA/WB

DMBFan23
10-27-2005, 03:07 PM
against a very aggressive opponent the only other river option IMO is bet-call and I don't like that one as much as check-call.

EDIT: aggro -&gt; he may bet AK here hoping we're calling down with it and hoping to fold us, and he will also likely value bet all pocket pairs he has.

@bsolute_luck
10-27-2005, 03:15 PM
i've called down with less. nh.

2+2 Junkie
10-27-2005, 05:56 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
grunching.

[/ QUOTE ]

AK has 6 outs which is significant on the turn - not quite WA/WB

[/ QUOTE ]

I was under the impression that WA/WB is when we look at the board, and we figure we are WA or WB. If he has a q (with his betting pattern, he could easily have QQ, AQ, AQs, KQs, AA, KK, or like you said AK). We are behind a lot of those. I just think it is a real possibility we could be behind here. The purpose of the line is to lose the least when down while making the most when ahead.

Isn't this a proper use of it?

bozlax
10-27-2005, 06:13 PM
here (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showthreaded.php?Cat=&amp;Number=2208008&amp;page=&amp;view=&amp;s b=5&amp;o=&amp;vc=1) -- educate yourself /images/graemlins/grin.gif.

Edit: for those of you without kids, that's from Lilo &amp; Stitch, I'm not being a dick.

ArturiusX
10-27-2005, 06:27 PM
I love it.