PDA

View Full Version : Fold QQ PF Poll

DonT77
10-27-2005, 11:08 AM
UB 30+3 12K Guaranteed

80 of 400 players remain, top 40 pay.

With blinds at 150/300 I get QQ in UTG+2 and with 12000 chips (about 15th chip position) I raise it to 1500 over one limper (my table image is maybe a little LAG as I've been using my big stack a little and have been getting playable cards). Folded to CO who pushes 6000; then the button with 9000 chips flat calls. Folded back to me - fold, call, or re-raise all-in?

(No reads other than the table has been playing mostly straightforwardly.)

Melchiades
10-27-2005, 11:13 AM
Calling and folding to the last 3000 of the button is not an option on any flop. So either fold or push. I probably push here, but that might be because I ususally play 3-10$ buy in on stars and see a lot of donks. Folding might be correct.

10-27-2005, 11:35 AM
Having been caught out to many times in similar situations I have to fold. I'd expect to see Aces or Kings too often in this spot. The flat call from the button suggests they want you to stay in this pot. If I had less chips I would be more inclined to get involved, but my stack is healthy and I have time on my side.

Melchiades
10-27-2005, 11:39 AM
To the people who says call and push any non-ace flop. Are you planning to call and fold to a button push on an ace flop? Madness.

adanthar
10-27-2005, 11:43 AM
Here is the problem with your post: while it is theoretically possible that I would fold QQ there, and, in fact, I've done it before, you have provided no reads on anyone or any reason why you should believe they have big hands.

Folding *without* a (strong) read is a very bad idea.

10-27-2005, 12:00 PM
Do you not play hands when you first join a table then? Presume there are no reads.

Exitonly
10-27-2005, 12:00 PM
he said his default without a read, is a call.

Black Aces 518
10-27-2005, 12:22 PM
I would need a read that button is a moron to make this call. CO has already shown some strength, he's not in danger and pushing a huge range here. Button cold called 2/3 of his stack. That is either KK, AA, or he's a dumbass. More than one choice may apply. I fold, and kick myself when they turn over AK and AK.

10-27-2005, 12:25 PM
To the button who might have picked up on your table image, he might have thought you would lay regardless and his flat call could mean he has a smaller pair. With out a read I push here 100%

DonT77
10-27-2005, 12:45 PM
In my OP I said "No reads other than the table has been playing mostly straightforwardly" - so assume no strong reads.

DonT77
10-27-2005, 01:12 PM
Let's look at this from a few different point of views.

CO's POV-

Let's see, we have an EP Limper, UTG+2 raises 5x - but he's been a little LAGGY. 1500 to me, my stack is 6000. I can't call for set value and any reraise make me PC'd. I might put UTG+2 on a range like 66+, AJ+, A9s+ - so my push range having 20BBs is probably 77/88+, AQ+.

Button's POV -

I think that UTG+2's range is 66+, AJ+, A9s+ and CO's range is 77/88+, AQ+. Since I'm going to be committing at least 2/3 of my stack to this pot and there are already 2 decent hands in front of me and an EP limper yet to act, I think my range needs to be at least TT+/AK.

My POV-

I have CO on 77+/AQ+ and I have button on TT+/AK. I think that if button had TT or JJ he would push to try to isolate against CO and discourage a call from me, but with AA/KK I think he would call to encourage me into the pot - so I discount him having TT/JJ and QQ because I have QQ.

If I fold I still have 10500 chips (around 32BBs) and maintain my table chip lead.

Of course if I push and win I'll have a top 5 stack and probably be able to cruise to a nice money finish.

If I push and lose I'll be down to 10BBs and be into push/fold mode.

Hmmm... WSID? (results to follow)

Black Aces 518
10-27-2005, 01:17 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I have button on TT+/AK. I think that if button had TT or JJ he would push to try to isolate against CO and discourage a call from me, but with AA/KK I think he would call to encourage me into the pot - so I discount him having TT/JJ and QQ because I have QQ.

[/ QUOTE ]

Couldn't agree more.

10-27-2005, 01:21 PM
I think those ranges are a bit on the loose side for this stage of the tournament, but as you say a fold leaves you in fine shape with you still dominating the table.

DonT77
10-27-2005, 03:26 PM
Yeah, I agree - but considering my table image I think the ranges I gave are about right - especially considering that CO can not reraise me without being PC'd. If I was playing my normal TAG game I'd say the ranges would be much tighter.

10-27-2005, 03:34 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I would need a read that button is a moron to make this call.

[/ QUOTE ]

DonT77
10-27-2005, 03:36 PM
As I mentioned earlier I felt that Btn had KK or AA with a smaller chance at TT-QQ or AK and considering my large stack status I decided not to gamble and I folded after using up my allotted time.

CO showed QQ (same hand as mine) and BTN showed AKo. QQ held up. I typed "QQ" in the chat box and somebody else typed "That is the only hand that should have taken so long to decide" which I thought was an accurate assessment.

I should also mention that after admitting that I folded QQ PF I was able to pickoff several bluffs after that. /images/graemlins/laugh.gif