PDA

View Full Version : Anybody see Lance Burton??

prk
10-27-2005, 09:36 AM
We want to check out a show when we go to Vegas In January. Looking for reviews of Lance Burton, or any other similarily priced show.

kantu
10-27-2005, 09:57 AM
lance is great if you like cheesy vegas magic. very showy, and over the top. he has a GREAT juggler guy who comes out in the middle of the show.

recently saw the amazing jonathan and liked him a lot --he's more comic than magic really. the sahara also has a great prime rib deal from 4-7pm.... it's like $6 or thereabouts and good. poker room was packed with a tourney when we were there on a sat night.

also, penn and teller are awesome. but not very vegas-y.

BarronVangorToth
10-27-2005, 10:11 AM
[ QUOTE ]

also, penn and teller are awesome. but not very vegas-y.

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed. Going to see them next month with my next trip out to LV.

Well worth the admission.

Barron Vangor Toth
BarronVangorToth.com

SheridanCat
10-27-2005, 10:51 AM
Penn and Teller come out to mingle after the show, so if you want something autographed, bring it.

Regards,

T

StevieG
10-27-2005, 12:42 PM
I agree with kantu and BarronVangorToth, but oddly enough would recommend Burton over Penn and Teller.

First of all, you mentioned price. Lance Burton is clearly a cheaper ticket. Second, for a duo where one guy talks, Penn and Teller are awfully wordy. I even like their politics a lot, and still found this annoying. Lastly, Burton definitely has a higher cheese and glitz factor, and that's part of what I want in Vegas.

They both do some great tricks, though. Penn and Teller are impressive with the extra skills like musicianship.

For another cheap magic show, I recommend Mac King at Harrah's. It is an afternoon show, dark Sundays, but the guy is funny, and the tickets are cheap. You should be able to get a two-for-one in the $25 range, and that includes two drink tickets. Make sure to tip the host and you'll get better seats.

callydrias
10-27-2005, 12:45 PM
Different genre (and maybe higher priced), but the Cirque du Soleil shows are excellent. Ka was spectacular with "O" being almost as good. Zumanity is on the schedule for my birthday in December /images/graemlins/smile.gif

StevieG
10-27-2005, 01:03 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Different genre (and maybe higher priced), but the Cirque du Soleil shows are excellent. Ka was spectacular with "O" being almost as good. Zumanity is on the schedule for my birthday in December /images/graemlins/smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Cirque du Soleil tickets tend to be priced much higher. Burton tickets go for $66 or $73. Ka and "O" tickets are $99, $125, or $150.

However, Mystere is $60, $75, and $90.

Matt Flynn
10-27-2005, 01:23 PM
Burton is ok. Mystere at the same price is a slam-dunk no-brainer imo. That is the best show I've seen in Vegas. Ka was also good and very original. O did less for me, but if you've got any engineer blood in you the stage alone is worth a fourth of the ticket place. The Ka stage is worth 3/32nd of the admission price. The Mystere stage adds little and should not be included in your decision making.

Matt

callydrias
10-27-2005, 05:08 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Cirque du Soleil tickets tend to be priced much higher. Burton tickets go for $66 or $73. Ka and "O" tickets are $99, $125, or $150.

[/ QUOTE ]

I've sat in the $99 seats and found no reason at all to complain. Didn't know the Burton prices though.

callydrias
10-27-2005, 05:13 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Burton is ok. Mystere at the same price is a slam-dunk no-brainer imo. That is the best show I've seen in Vegas. Ka was also good and very original. O did less for me, but if you've got any engineer blood in you the stage alone is worth a fourth of the ticket place. The Ka stage is worth 3/32nd of the admission price. The Mystere stage adds little and should not be included in your decision making.

Matt

[/ QUOTE ]

I so a bit of work with stage control/automation (albeit on a much smaller scale and on the software side) and the Ka stage blew me away. Easily 27/64 of the admission price /images/graemlins/wink.gif

(Not taking anything away from the "O" stage though.)

prk
10-28-2005, 08:38 AM
Well, it just so happens that I'll be getting O tickets for Christmas. I would also like to go see Lance Burton, so hopefully with some of my poker profits while on the trip, I'll be able to go see Lance Burton.

Thanks for all of the replies!