PDA

View Full Version : PP 22: call w/qq here?

10-27-2005, 08:52 AM
I'm new to the forum, so apologies if the form of the post isn't quite standard: Early in a PP 22: Blinds are 15/30. I've got 1,300 chips in SB and villain has 750 in MP. He raises to 75, all fold to me. I reraise to 225. He move all in. Call?

10-27-2005, 08:55 AM
I call this instantly. You have a very strong hand and very good odds.

tigerite
10-27-2005, 09:04 AM
What even if he has KK/AA?

I would probably call because it's a $22. I wouldn't be surprised to see AK+ especially if this is the first hand he's played though..

Pot odds are a meaningless argument at this early stage and certainly are not the main reason you look to call.

At a $55 I think I'd lay this down barring a read the guy's an idiot.

schwza
10-27-2005, 01:45 PM
[ QUOTE ]
What even if he has KK/AA?

I would probably call because it's a $22. I wouldn't be surprised to see AK+ especially if this is the first hand he's played though..

Pot odds are a meaningless argument at this early stage and certainly are not the main reason you look to call.

At a $55 I think I'd lay this down barring a read the guy's an idiot.

[/ QUOTE ]

you're getting almost 2:1. pot odds are a big reason you call. folding against AK is a very big mistake, and calling against AA is bad, but not nearly as bad as if he had 1.3k. against exactly AK / KK+, you're ~40% to win. i don't think you can fold here.

10-27-2005, 01:50 PM
Of course pot odds aren't meaningless. Folding here is terrible

bmxreed36
10-27-2005, 01:56 PM
Just yesterday, I saw just about similar action in a 22 with the pushers having 99, JJ, and A9s. I had either aces or kings these times so I remember them, but generally at the 22's if I haven't seen the player before or know who they are, I usually don't give them too much credit and put them on a slightly wider range than AK, KK+.

tigerite
10-27-2005, 01:59 PM
Hang on a sec, I said yes, I would call in a $22, but in a $55 I would have to think about it.. quite different from saying I'd fold in this situation /images/graemlins/confused.gif

10-27-2005, 02:33 PM
I would call here at every level of play.

For a reasonable opponent, JJ+, AK. QQ is behind this range but not so much vs. the 2:1 you're getting (no, pot odds aren't paramount but you're still getting close enough to 1:1 chip to equity at this point to make it a big consideration)--not to mention the 'donk factor' which could only make it (considerably) better, with the low pairs, A10+, KQ, etc. coming into play.

I guess at the 1000 chip games I'd be a little concerned, but I'd make the call anyway for reasons different than above.

jeffraider
10-27-2005, 02:36 PM
I've got QQ and he's got half my chips. This is a pretty easy decision.