PDA

View Full Version : Some online NLHE help

Lazymeatball
06-10-2003, 05:26 AM
I'm doing all right for myself at the $25max buy-in NL table at Party when this happens:

Table Screen Pass (Real Money) -- Seat 7 is the button
Total number of players : 8
Seat 1: JXXXX ( $10.50)
Seat 2: WXXXX ( $26.65)
Seat 4: cXXXX ( $32.50)
Seat 5: XXXX( $9.45)
Seat 6: Lazymeatball ( $124.25)
Seat 7: XXXXX ( $19.85)
Seat 9: XXXXXX ( $25)
Seat 10: XXXXXXX ( $25)
JXXXX posts small blind (0.25)
WXXXX posts big blind (0.50)
** Dealing down cards **
Dealt to Lazymeatball [ Qd, Ac ]
cXXXX calls (0.50)
XXXX folds.
DaddysANGL38 raises (1.50) to 1.50
XXXXX folds.
JXXXX folds.
WXXXX calls (1)
cXXXX calls (1)
** Dealing Flop ** : [ 8d, Ah, 5h ]
WXXXX bets (2)
cXXXX folds.
Lazymeatball raises (5) to 5
WXXXX calls (3)
** Dealing Turn ** : [ Kc ]
WXXXX checks.
Lazymeatball bets (10)
WXXXX calls (10)
** Dealing River ** : [ Kh ]
WXXXX bets (10)
Lazymeatball calls (10)
** Summary **
Main Pot: $52.05 | Rake: $2.70
Board: [ 8d Ah 5h Kc Kh ]

WXXXX balance $52.20, bet $26.50, collected $52.05, net +$25.55 [ Qh Th ] [ a flush, ace high -- Ah,Kh,Qh,Th,5h ]

Lazymeatball balance $97.75, lost $26.50 [ Qd Ac ] [ two pairs, aces and kings -- Ac,Ah,Kc,Kh,Qd ]

WXXXX had just recently entered the game so I don't have a lot of background knowledge on him.
I've been playing on Party for a few months now after switching from Paradise, figuring the game would be softer.
I do quite well in low-stakes Hold'em ring games and tourneys and I also have a bit of NL experience on party and paradise, but I know I have a lot to learn.

Where did I go wrong in this hand, or did I just get drawn out on. Was WXXXX getting proper odds (implied or otherwise) to draw to his nut flush or nut straight.
Should I have made a possible read of him being on a draw on the flop and make a more aggressive raise?
If I bet him all-in on the turn would he likely call anyway?
Is it worth the crying call on the river?
Did I over value my AQo to begin with?

Looking forward to advice on my first meaningful post to the ZOO after a week or so of lurking.

Hung
06-10-2003, 05:36 AM
** Dealing down cards **
Dealt to Lazymeatball [ Qd, Ac ]
cXXXX calls (0.50)
XXXX folds.
DaddysANGL38 raises (1.50) to 1.50
XXXXX folds.
JXXXX folds.
WXXXX calls (1)
cXXXX calls (1)
** Dealing Flop ** : [ 8d, Ah, 5h ]

I don't see you call or raise preflop.
The King on the turn gives him a straight and flushdraw. These players are loose. so of course they're gonna call. What did you think? It happens, and you should be glad. Because next time his flush wont hit and you'll take down the pot. Nothing went wrong. Just give us his name hahaha /forums/images/icons/tongue.gif:p

Al_Capone_Junior
06-10-2003, 09:08 AM
Ok. First off, ditch the hand history. Write it up in words, hand histories have lots of useless info that just drives people like me away from reading your posts.

I think you overvalued your AQo in the first place. There seemed to be something missing in the action listed BTF, i.e. YOUR hand. So I'm not sure what exactly happened. Still, I know that game has a 25c BB, and I'd never put in a 6x bb raise with AQo, and never call a 6x BB bet with it either. That's where your trouble started. In addition, when the flop is all one suit, you make a sizeable bet or raise, and get action, THEY HAVE AT LEAST ONE OF THAT SUIT. When the fourth one comes, continued betting is a futile waste of chips. You gotta be able to release in that situation, it's just not worth it to throw good money after bad.

You should have lost either 25c or nothing on this hand.

al

RollaJ
06-10-2003, 09:26 AM
Ok, so the BB is $.50, and you tottaly screwed up the hand history, or maybe Party did ... if you didnt raise preflop, you should have made it $1.50 or $2, but if someone else raised a call is fine, and you are probably ahead. On the flop if someone bets into you $2 you should reraise pot since you only called preflop you have disguised your hand. When the first person bets into you there should now be $8 in the pot (4x$1.50 preflop + $2) you should now raise to a total of $10. At that point you more than cut off the drawing odds and will probably take it down right there. If you get called, and the turn is a non-heart push all in.... only a real fish or A-K will call you, but I doubt anyone has A-K as usually a bigger raise goes in preflop with A-K.
On a board like: 7 /forums/images/icons/heart.gif 8 /forums/images/icons/spade.gif A /forums/images/icons/heart.gif a good case can be made for over betting the pot with a big ace like you had, as there is more than one draw out there.

Lazymeatball
06-10-2003, 03:03 PM
Okay, thanks for the advice guys. And I tried to edit the Hand History to get rid of most of the useless crap that no one wants to read, and apparently I must of screwed something up, but the basic idea is there. I'll just attribute this to getting outdrawn as happens everyday in poker, especially on Party.

RollaJ
06-10-2003, 03:21 PM
. I'll just attribute this to getting outdrawn as happens everyday in poker, especially on Party.

Why dont you attribute it to not betting enough on the flop, and giving the opponent correct implied odds to try to hit his card on the turn??

Lazymeatball
06-10-2003, 03:28 PM
Fine, you're right. But In this case the guy might have called anything, and I still would have got drawn out on. But why give him the impied odds. Anyway, I'm still learning. thanks