PDA

View Full Version : 10/20 NL, Semi-Deep 3 Handed against a monkey and a rock

whitelime
10-27-2005, 06:02 AM
We've been playing for about half an hour 3 handed. No major hand has gone to showdown. One player is a total monkey, seeing maybe 80-90% of flops. The other player is a total rock. Rock opened from the button once, monkey reraised the minimum, and rock folded. He sees maybe 30% of flops. I've been bullying the monkey around quite a bit, usually with the goodies but he doesn't know that as nothing's been shown down.

Monkey has $3,400 to start and I have him covered.

Rock folds his button, Monkey min-raises f/ the SB. I call 8 /images/graemlins/heart.gif5 /images/graemlins/heart.gif.

Flop 8 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif5 /images/graemlins/club.gif4 /images/graemlins/spade.gif. Monkey bets $20, I raise to $100. He calls.

Turn 2 /images/graemlins/club.gif. He checks, I bet $300, he minraises to $600.

How do you plan to play it out?

Hattifnatt
10-27-2005, 06:08 AM
With that deep stacks I just call the c/r on the turn and proceed from there.

fsuplayer
10-27-2005, 10:35 AM
call. you have way too much money left to bet for anything else.

AZK
10-27-2005, 10:36 AM
reraise

edit: really FSU? Hmm...what do you put villain on?

AZK
10-27-2005, 10:39 AM
If he reraises pot on turn, it's not that small of a bet in relation to his stack...

whitelime
10-27-2005, 10:51 AM
How much do you plan to call on a blank river? If a connected card hits and he fires, I assume you are ready to fold?

whitelime
10-27-2005, 11:00 AM
How important is the fact that if I still lose the hand, and he doubles up to $6800, I will still have him covered? At that point, my biggest fear wasn't necessarily losing the pot, but rather the monkey leaving the table. Would my play in the hand be any different if I would be left with $2,000 (max buy-in) if I lose the hand? Also, should I be trying to avoid doubling him up becasue maybe he will leave with his big score? Not should how important any of this is but just curious to see what others think.

If the monkey stays indefinitely, I would estimate that around 70-75% of his stack will be mine with the rest going to the rock unless other players sit down.

fsuplayer
10-27-2005, 11:03 AM
i think overpairs, two pair, a set, the wheel and the higher straight are all possibilities here.

being this deep, the guy has to be like, really, really, bad to call a pot reraise if he is losing.

i really want to see a showdown here.

Hattifnatt
10-27-2005, 11:05 AM
If a "blank" (because none of the cards really are blanks) hits I guess I call a 2/3 bet or less without much hesitation.

It will be about $1400 in the pot and there is $2000 left to bet so I'm definitely ready to fold to a dangereus card and a big bet from villian.

If a dangereus card hits and he checks or bet small, I think there might be a good bluff opportuny as well.

fsuplayer
10-27-2005, 11:07 AM
those things are considerations, yes. but i really dont think it applies that much to this particular hand.

its not like you flopped a pair and a flush draw and he 3 bet pushes a flop and you have to decide whether or not to gamble or fold and try to pick him apart.

i think there is a decent chance we are behind here, but im not folding yet. if he pushes a blank river though i am.

psuasskicker
10-27-2005, 11:34 AM
being this deep, the guy has to be like, really, really, bad to call a pot reraise if he is losing.

I'm on board with this logic. But how often are you really behind here? Guy playing like that sounds like he has a ridiculously wide range. And his min raise doesn't scare me all that much cause it sounds like he's min raising pretty frequently.

I call, but mostly because it's not likely you're ahead and get called if you raise. I don't fear much if any draw just cause the guy's representing an already made hand. I have trouble getting off this hand if villain pushes on the river...I need a read that basically says he'll almost never bluff bet on the river for that.

One note...if the river's a 3, I might be able to get off my hand to an all in.

- C -

Brock Landers
10-27-2005, 12:36 PM
[ QUOTE ]
i think overpairs, two pair, a set, the wheel and the higher straight are all possibilities here.

i really want to see a showdown here.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree completely. This really seems like the villian has an overpair, even AA or KK.