PDA

View Full Version : What does this mean? (girl problems, yay!)

weevil
10-27-2005, 04:23 AM
I've had this happen several times, both times with women friends who I was attracted to and mildy flirted with, but had a good friendship with. After a particularly enjoyable evening hanging out, or after a particular comment I'd make, they'd shyly tell me they loved me.

The first time it happened, I had no idea what to think; we'd never dated, nor openly hinted at the possibility, so the circumstances seemed to warrant I not read too much into it. So I didn't, and the next week the girl hooked up with some other guy.

With another girl, it has happened several times within the last month, and again, I didn't read into it too much, save for enjoying being appreciated enough for such a comment. After the last time this particular girl told me she loved me, she started dating another guy the following week.

Should I be interpreting this as a not so thinly veiled hint for me to stop being a pansy and ask the girl out? Or is this something girls only say to guys they really care about but aren't romantically interested in?

diebitter
10-27-2005, 04:31 AM
Sounds like they are feeling the lust at the particular point they're saying it. It's an 'ask out' moment if you can't kiss etc at that paricular circumstance/moment, and it's an acting right then and there moment if you can find somewhere or are somewhere you've got the time and space to continue as long as you want to.

Having said all that, it is possibly just a declaration of friendship. At the very outside, it might be a true 'I love you', but not that likely.

But hell, it's a woman, so who knows?

PS. If I find her attractive, my play here would be look in her eyes, have a cheeky smile, move closer (enough for her to feel your breath or at least be aware your now in her personal space) and say something teasing/flirty like 'You love me? How much?' or 'Tell me more...' or 'don't say stuff like that - you are too beautiful to be a tease...' or somesuch. That's putting it back to her strong, but you both got laughing/fun as a getout.

LethalRose
10-27-2005, 04:33 AM
You need to analyze what the words mean to each girl. Some girls say "I love you" to all of their boyfriends, for other girls it means she wants to spend her life with you. That [censored] would scare me

10-27-2005, 04:38 AM
The correct play is:
"I love you too!"
<insert nut into bolt>

tonypaladino
10-27-2005, 04:46 AM
I crack jokes and try to be funny when I talk to girls. Once every 600 times or so, I'll go on a run and everything I say the whole night will be really good and funny, and it sometimes brings and "I love you" from the girl as she's laughing. I think some girls take it lightly and just say it to mean "I love hanging out/talking/drinking with you.

Josh W
10-27-2005, 04:49 AM
There are a lot of "love"s out there.

But stop being a pansy.

siccjay
10-27-2005, 05:10 AM
These girls don't dig you sexually because you are a pansy.

If they are saying I love you to you and you haven't hooked up with them yet, you are definitely too late.

phil_ivey_fan
10-27-2005, 09:10 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I've had this happen several times, both times with women friends who I was attracted to and mildy flirted with, but had a good friendship with. After a particularly enjoyable evening hanging out, or after a particular comment I'd make, they'd shyly tell me they loved me.

The first time it happened, I had no idea what to think; we'd never dated, nor openly hinted at the possibility, so the circumstances seemed to warrant I not read too much into it. So I didn't, and the next week the girl hooked up with some other guy.

With another girl, it has happened several times within the last month, and again, I didn't read into it too much, save for enjoying being appreciated enough for such a comment. After the last time this particular girl told me she loved me, she started dating another guy the following week.

Should I be interpreting this as a not so thinly veiled hint for me to stop being a pansy and ask the girl out? Or is this something girls only say to guys they really care about but aren't romantically interested in?

[/ QUOTE ]

your kung fu is so weak I want to kill myself. SIIHP

jakethebake
10-27-2005, 09:32 AM
You should say, "thank you, would you like to express that love in an extremely freaky and physical way." And then bang her until she stops breathing.

WDC
10-27-2005, 09:43 AM
are they drunk? Women say they love you a lot when they are tipsy, even my wife says it to me after a bottle of wine.

SoloAJ
10-27-2005, 11:24 AM
[ QUOTE ]

your kung fu is so weak I want to kill myself. SIIHP

[/ QUOTE ]

This induced a laugh. NH.

masse75
10-27-2005, 11:29 AM
Reply, "Me love you long time."

Colonel Kataffy
10-27-2005, 12:34 PM
[ QUOTE ]
are they drunk? Women say they love you a lot when they are tipsy, even my wife says it to me after a bottle of wine.

[/ QUOTE ]

Awesome

mostsmooth
10-27-2005, 12:38 PM
[ QUOTE ]
<insert nut into bolt>

[/ QUOTE ]
?

xadrez
10-27-2005, 12:41 PM
goddamn i thought I was shy. woman tell you they love you and you still dont make a move? jesus christ

Miggo
10-27-2005, 12:47 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
<insert nut into bolt>

[/ QUOTE ]
?

[/ QUOTE ]

I bet you're single. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

mostsmooth
10-27-2005, 01:23 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
<insert nut into bolt>

[/ QUOTE ]
?

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
nope

PocketJokers72
10-27-2005, 01:40 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
<insert nut into bolt>

[/ QUOTE ]
?

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
nope

[/ QUOTE ]

You do realize that in most of the world, the bolt goes in the nut, not the other way around.

Maybe thats why your lady friends aren't "Squiters".

mostsmooth
10-27-2005, 01:41 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
<insert nut into bolt>

[/ QUOTE ]
?

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
nope

[/ QUOTE ]

You do realize that in most of the world, the bolt goes in the nut, not the other way around.

Maybe thats why your lady friends aren't "Squiters".

[/ QUOTE ]
who are you talking to? me?

lautzutao
10-27-2005, 01:47 PM
It sounds like you're either fat or overly Scarred in some fashion.

I'm the scar guy.

jakethebake
10-27-2005, 01:49 PM
[ QUOTE ]
goddamn i thought I was shy.

[/ QUOTE ]

Shy, shmy, stick it in her eye.

M2d
10-27-2005, 01:50 PM
This affects me personally, how? I think a hot girl pic needs to be posted by the OP before the thread can continue.

theghost
10-27-2005, 02:32 PM
I think the "shyly" component means that yes, you should stop being such a pansy and ask the girl out.

As an aside, if you liked her in the first place, and were having fun hanging out, that is an even better spot to stop being such a pansy and ask the girl out.

You're supposedly the male in the situation.

10-27-2005, 04:16 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Try harder

Wintermute
10-27-2005, 04:24 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Or is this something girls only say to guys they really care about but aren't romantically interested in?

[/ QUOTE ]

Bingo. These chicks may have an inkling of a romantic attraction to you, one that would need you to do something to cultivate a deeper interest, but realize you're probably not going to act on it, so they are deriving sick pleasure from imagining you twist in the wind. I've never had it happen to me because no woman in her right mind would be that kind of friend with me, let alone tell me she loved me, but I know other dudes who get that crap all the time. My suggestion is to reply with something like "X, you're a great friend to me too." That'll throw this whure for a loop--she mockingly raised the bar and you just casually limbo'd under it like it's water off a duck's ass to you.

Always retreat (make it obvious and decisive but not offensive), it'll provoke an advance.

weevil
10-27-2005, 07:53 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Or is this something girls only say to guys they really care about but aren't romantically interested in?

[/ QUOTE ]

Bingo. These chicks may have an inkling of a romantic attraction to you, one that would need you to do something to cultivate a deeper interest, but realize you're probably not going to act on it, so they are deriving sick pleasure from imagining you twist in the wind. I've never had it happen to me because no woman in her right mind would be that kind of friend with me, let alone tell me she loved me, but I know other dudes who get that crap all the time. My suggestion is to reply with something like "X, you're a great friend to me too." That'll throw this whure for a loop--she mockingly raised the bar and you just casually limbo'd under it like it's water off a duck's ass to you.

Always retreat (make it obvious and decisive but not offensive), it'll provoke an advance.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's how I handled it both times, thinking the same thing, though I'm not sure they're acting that intentionally. Sick pleasure... well, girls are bitches, maybe you're right.

Both girls I didn't actually expect or pursue a relationship with, but enjoyed hanging out and flirting with. I suppose this just manifests the point that some posters on here push, that guys and girls can't really be friends; everything is a progression and movement away from a relationship (mostly on their part (?)). Too bad /images/graemlins/frown.gif