PDA

View Full Version : San Fran birthday ideas?

NorCalJosh
10-27-2005, 04:10 AM
Have a birthday coming up soon. This will be the first one i've had since moving to the bay area. I have several old friends up here, but have been busy acclimating to work, dealing with relationship bs and the like, and havent really gotten involved in any of the nightlife. I know that there are several people from the SF area that post, so do any of you have any recommendations as to areas several early-mid 20ish kids can go enjoy a bday?

we're a pretty easy going crowd. obviously we enjoy drinking immensely, most of us appreciate good beer. we're not terribly high class, but money is no real object. i personally am not much of a dancing type, so i'd prefer to emphasize my strengths and stay away from that. ideally the night could start with dinner, but thats not a necessity... but in either case, it will probably begin at ~7-8. in the area of 15 people or so.

i'm just drawing a blank. i should have gotten out and gotten to know the area a lot more since i've got here, but time just seems to fly. any help would be great.

JaBlue
10-27-2005, 04:13 AM
Throw a drunken costume party?

Ulysses
10-27-2005, 04:31 AM
Sounds like you're not into clubs, so you're pretty much looking at going out for food and bars in one of three areas.

The Haight, the Mission, or the Marina.

What kind of clothes do you typically wear when you go out on a Friday night?

daryn
10-27-2005, 04:37 AM
while we're on the topic, does anyone else not understand the fascination with birthdays? i never really celebrate mine and i don't see what the big deal is.

JaBlue
10-27-2005, 04:49 AM
just an excuse to have fun and celebrate. You're right in that it's not really a big deal to orbit the sun another time but it's still fun to party. Oh yeah, and the presents.

Ulysses
10-27-2005, 05:24 AM
Default answer, btw, is meet for tapas and sangria at Picaro in the Mission and then drink a lot at bars around there.

NorCalJosh
10-27-2005, 10:31 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Sounds like you're not into clubs, so you're pretty much looking at going out for food and bars in one of three areas.

The Haight, the Mission, or the Marina.

What kind of clothes do you typically wear when you go out on a Friday night?

[/ QUOTE ]

standard friday night dress is some sort of striped polo or button down shirt, average khaki pants or a tired pair of jeans (severely lacking in this area of my wardrobe), some kind of comfortable skate shoe. i'm not against dressing this up a little bit, if its enjoyable.

NorCalJosh
10-27-2005, 10:33 AM
i never really celebrated mine much either. i guess its just a good excuse to get together with friends and enjoy life. take a break from the mundane.

NorCalJosh
10-27-2005, 10:40 AM
i read some reviews and apparently that is THE place to go for birthday tapas and sangria. how busy is it generally? would a group that size need reservations?