PDA

View Full Version : met 2 d

03-11-2002, 09:52 PM
when i was in san fran, i went over to emeryville to visit my old friend richard. he was playing in a 15, 30 holdem game at the oaks club, so when a seat opened i sat down next to him. on my left it turns out was 2d. he is one of our great posters on fishing. we talked a little about fishing and some poker but he had to go. i didnt get a chance to thank him for his posts, so thanks.

talking to him and richard cost me 500 bucks, as i never hit a flop but had a ton of good starting hands. thats the rub of the green.

only played for awhile but my impression was the game isnt even close to as good as the games at lucky chances.

03-12-2002, 01:55 AM
Ray,

I think if you sat down next to me in a poker game I'd find a reason to get up and go too. Now, I wouldn't mind sitting next to you at the buffet at the Mirage. The same goes for all the other poker whizes too.

Good Luck

Mark

03-12-2002, 01:41 PM
it was very nice to meet you, Ray. you had the Oaks club buzzing for a few days after your visit. Someone asked me who I was talking to, expecting me to answer "Ray Zee". I just told him it was a fellow fisherman, and that it couldn't have been Ray Zee because the guy didn't drag a pot.

hope your drive home was uneventful and swift.

03-12-2002, 08:28 PM
your presence was sorely missed by me anyways...i get the impression the deck did'nt exactly run over you on your latest escapade, but i'm sure you had a fun trip anyhow.i was going to cut and print all spm stories for you since you were gone, but there were exactly none while you were gone.it's that dang chess game.(you may want it to never end) is it a blessing or a curse? (you don't have to answer that, heh) maybe for us. and canada relations they should just declare a draw. i tried to sell a few hi-lo books for you while you were gone... and when an otherwise respected 2+2 poster declared hi-lo complete garbage, well, i just ignored him...hillbilly

03-12-2002, 08:52 PM
thanks. im glad to be rid of that spm character once and for all since his chess playing has ruined his mind. it shows how backward canada is as they will waste all that time on him /images/smile.gif. actually the cards hit me in the face on my trip but not that one time over at the oaks club, and it was the smallest stakes i played, except for a short play in a 6& 12 game to see what it was like and i ran over it and wasnt really able to tell how good it was in relation to the rake. which was 3 bucks on the button and 2 when seven handed or less i think.