PDA

View Full Version : Standard play, missed value?

HuggyBear
10-27-2005, 02:03 AM
I really like this line, but I feel like I missed value here. No one at table was overly aggressive, just the usual over-valuers. Villian is not particluarly bad, or good.

Solid table image, had used, pot-pot-pot line with flopped nut fullhouse previously.

BB (Hero): $50.15 Q/images/graemlins/club.gif 8/images/graemlins/club.gif 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif A/images/graemlins/spade.gif
MP2 (Villian): $32.24

6 limpers plus SB, I check.

Flop: 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif A/images/graemlins/heart.gif A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif ($1.90)

Hero bets pot, Villian calls.

Turn: 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif A/images/graemlins/heart.gif A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif ($5.70)

Hero checks, Villian checks.

River: 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif A/images/graemlins/heart.gif A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif ($5.70)

Hero bets $2.00, Villian raises to $4.00, Hero reraises to $10.00, Villian calls.

Thoughts? Turn check bad? River bet too small? Reraise to small?

Simplistic
10-27-2005, 02:29 AM
i don't mind the way you played it. perfectly acceptable, however sometimes i'll bet all 3 streets with a strong/nut hand. builds the pot and if somebody has caught then you get more money out of it, conversely you have top trips with a good kicker but you're not full yet and you allow yourself a chance and other people a chance to catchup by checking.

joewatch
10-27-2005, 04:32 AM
Looks good to me.

fuzzbox
10-27-2005, 05:03 AM
I refer you to an earlier post :-).

Pot the turn, pot the river. Villain either has an A (hopefully with a 5 or a K) or he has 55. If he hits a 9 on the river (with A9) then he might just raise you there.

No point in pussyfooting about, get it in there.

PS - villains often call down here with open trips.

DRKEVDC
10-27-2005, 06:52 PM
I think that potting the turn is not bad, however, I would lead out with a weakish 1/2 pot bet hoping to induce the raise. I would call the raise, as a re-raise would scare him off, then pot the river.

Easy being the Monday Morning QB.

HuggyBear
10-28-2005, 01:23 PM
Villian called and showed A9xx.

In retrospect, I don't really like this line. It limits returns against smaller boats. Possibly a weakish 1/2 to 2/3 pot on the turn would be ok, but the more I think about check-calling and check-raising type lines here, I am not convinced you gain a lot of value. With these types of hands, it seems more important to tailor the line for the opponent, and what each particular player at the table will pay you off with. Thanks for the encouragement to quit pussy-footing around, POT.

josie_wales
10-28-2005, 02:08 PM
[1] Flop Pot = Good ...these guys will call with any ace.
[2] Turn check = Bad --- these guys will call with any ace.
[3] River lead = ok, to induce a raise
[4] River NON_CHECK RAISE = Bad---these guys will call with any ace, or under boat.

10-28-2005, 03:52 PM
I think you played it fine. But.... I have to agree with others that you could have made an under full pay more. I think the turn check to induce a bluff would work better if you had position. If he checked and you checked behind he would be more likely to lead out on the river. With him in position you check the turn he checked behind you. You must bet the river or he could check behind you which would be a disaster.

I also think the small re-raise on the end says "I have a huge hand" more than anything. Where a pot size bet looks more like a play for the pot. I don't think anyone is looking to make any huge laydowns in the micro limit games so I would just jam it.