PDA

View Full Version : (Live) 3/6 - Flopped flush, bad fold to turn cap?

10-27-2005, 01:33 AM
Live 3/6 - Typical low limit table makeup.

Hero is BB with K/images/graemlins/club.gif4/images/graemlins/club.gif

Preflop:4 limpers and the blinds.
Pot- 3bb

Flop: 3/images/graemlins/club.gif 10/images/graemlins/club.gif 8/images/graemlins/club.gif
SB bets, Hero raises, UTG+1 reraises, MP folds, mp+1 folds, CO re-raises, Button calls, SB calls, Hero calls, UTG+1 calls.
Pot- 13bb

Turn: 10/images/graemlins/diamond.gif
SB bets, Hero raises, UTG+1 re-raises, CO re-raises, Button calls, SB calls, Hero folds????, UTG+1 calls.
Pot- 31bb

Is this a bad turn fold?? I figure with all of the action someone has to have boated up, is this too weak / passive of thinking? Also, Ax/images/graemlins/club.gif's also scared me. The people in the hand were mostly your typical 3/6 Lag's with UTG+1 and the Button being decent players. Any thoughts on this hand would be appreciated.

Calling down didnt really even seem like an option, becuase I expected the hand to get capped again on the river as well.

Yet, with the pot being so large, can i honestly fold this hand? Grrr. such a frustrating hand.

At the time I felt like it was the correct fold.

10-27-2005, 01:49 AM
Considering the action, I'd say your behind more than 50% of the time. Regardless, I'd probably bite my lip and call down.

flopmonster
10-27-2005, 04:49 AM
I think its a good fold with 3 other players going in for a capped pot

BigBrother
10-27-2005, 12:24 PM
At the game you describe, I think you have odds to call this down on a safe river card.

You very well could be boated but I have seen 2 players go to war with top pair becoming trips. You could also have a smaller flush out there, or you could be nutted by the Ace.

In a sane game with sensible players you are most likely beat, but in a wild 3/6 game all kinds of trash could be out there. One of the raisers could be Lagging it up with trash and with the pot so big you could have at least one caller going for ride with the bare A/images/graemlins/club.gif.

Two things make me call this down even though I could be beat:

1) Pot is soo frickin huge (31BB plus river) and at this point it only costs you 2BB...15:1 for now. Implied odds could be as bad as 6BB for 39BB (worst case, assuming 2 opponents cap the river and no other players pad the pot)... 6.5:1. You only have to be good 7%-15% of the time to have odds to call this down.

2) Even Laggy live low-limit games sometimes go completely limp once the river card falls, so without a specific read, chances could be you will not have to pay 4BB on the river to get to the showdown.

Possibility of trips and a lower flush definitely create enough doubt for me to call this down. I'll make my huge laydowns in much smaller pots.

10-27-2005, 03:27 PM
I don't think that a boat is likely since someone would have to call with 10-3 or 10-8 in a raised pot. The nut flush is a possibility but I probably would not fold

ghostwriter
10-27-2005, 03:38 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I don't think that a boat is likely since someone would have to call with 10-3 or 10-8 in a raised pot. The nut flush is a possibility but I probably would not fold

[/ QUOTE ]

33 and 88 also would've boated up

jat850
10-27-2005, 03:56 PM
Would sets be raising into a flop flush board? I don't think so. And when you look at the turn raisers - no new raiser came to life when to 2nd T hit. Calm down and call down. At least, you have to see if the river is a blank. If so, the value of your stock skyrockets to the point of betting and raising. Yes you may lose this hand at showdown, but you will win more money than you lose with this kind of hand in this kind of action unless you fold it all the time at the turn. For this hand, die on your feet, don't try to live on your knees. See the showdown.

WDC
10-27-2005, 04:23 PM
I am raising my set into a montone flop 100% of the time; no bare clubs are getting cheap turns

10-27-2005, 05:33 PM
I have been in several maniacal live games, but I don’t know if I have seen anything quite like this without at least having an idea that some of these raisers were in fact maniacal and thus allowing me to call down. That read would help greatly, but given the action you are most certainly against either 1 or both the T’s, the bare Ac, and possibly against a full boat or a smaller made flush. The fact that no-one slowed down on the turn and 1 player has twice cold called a cap makes me think that there is little chance my hand is good now, and very little chance of it being good on a river card which can’t be a club, T, 3, 8, or whatever kicker goes with one of the T’s. I hate it but I think I am folding now and saving between 3-6 bb’s. Ouch.

alul
10-27-2005, 11:47 PM
No, it's not a bad fold. It's a horrendous fold. You are ahead here like 90% of the time. I won't be surprised if the river was like check-ckeck-check-bet-call-call-call and somebody wins with 2 pair.