PDA

View Full Version : Does he look like a man beaten by jacks?

Huh
06-10-2003, 01:54 AM
3-3-6-9 home game.

I’m in middle position with black jacks. UTG open raises, I three bet, and get one caller, and the original raiser calls. The flop comes down

9 7 2 all spades.

Checked to me, and I bet, both call. $36 in the pot.

Turn is the 5 of spades.

UTG bets out, I am the sole caller. $48 in the pot.

River is the ironic Jack of Hearts.

UTG bets out. $57 in the pot and I call with the fifth nut flush

Comments on all streets appreciated.
-Huh /forums/images/icons/confused.gif

JTG51
06-10-2003, 02:01 AM
That's one of the best scenes of the movie, it always makes me laugh.

I think you played it just fine. That's what I'd do against an unknown player.

Bob T.
06-10-2003, 04:38 AM
I think that I play it the same way. On the turn, you are in that way behind, way ahead situation, and there isn't any card in the deck that would improve your hand. I think that call, call, is the only reasonable way that you could play the last two streets.

Tyler Durden
06-10-2003, 09:52 AM
I think you're drawing dead on the turn. Depends on who your opponent is, of course.

34TheTruth34
06-10-2003, 10:59 AM
If this flop was checked around, then I'd say call. But I think against most opponents here you have an easy fold. Like somebody already said, there are no cards that can improve your hand. It's gonna cost you $15 to find out if he's betting out with a worse hand, which is almost impossible if he has any clue as to what he's doing. It's almost like one of those 'scared you wouldn't bet' bets. I think you're drawing dead. Also, there is a player still left to act behind you, making it less likely that he's bluffing.

Because of the wierd betting structure, I would prefer a raise over a call on the turn. If he 3-bets, then easy fold. If not, check behind on the river. Hope you won...

P.S. jacks are a monster compared to the crap I play

Huh
06-10-2003, 12:12 PM
My opponent turned over 5c7s for the smaller flush. It's a popular hand at the table, becuase it is one of the player's birthdays(not one in this hand). I was pleasently suprised.

Glad to see there was some dissent as to what I should have done. On the turn I figured it was going to cost me $15 for a $42 pot. I also thought there was a good chance of being raised by the trump ace on the flop. Still not sure I like calling it down, but it worked out that time.

-Huh /forums/images/icons/confused.gif