PDA

View Full Version : MySpace... considering setting up an account...

bholdr
10-27-2005, 12:46 AM
so, from the local drug dealers to the bar i drink at, from my boss to my tenants to the hotties at the bar, damn near everyone that i meet in my neighborhood is on myspace. I think of it as both a huge waste of time and another reason to sit in the dark and stare at my monitor when i should be outside exercising or having 'real' fun... kinda like, oh, i dunno... OOT?. It's also infested with spyware, adware, advertising in general, and i'm sure the propriators use it to datamine personal info for sale to credit card companies, etc...

but... it seems to have a lot of benifits. i'm thinking about registering an account to co-ordinate with all the local snowboarders that i've met at the local pubs and parties... also, thogh i'm generally against meeting chicks on the internet (i prefer the bars and actual face to face conversations), but there are some genuine smokin-hot gals on that site in my area. my buddy has gotten several meetings, dates and even some NSA hook-ups from myspace.

I admit my experience with it is a little colored by the morons involved in that whole OOT v MySpace thing a few months ago.

well... i suppose a poll or two is in order:

ThaSaltCracka
10-27-2005, 12:48 AM
-do it, but its not that cool.
-meh

phixxx
10-27-2005, 12:48 AM
Way too many emo kids posting about dying in their blogs. Try to find a site which governs your respective area. Like www.meetmeinto.com (http://www.meetmeinto.com) for Torontonians.

tdarko
10-27-2005, 12:53 AM
are you 17?

rwesty
10-27-2005, 01:04 AM
You spent way more time making that post and poll than it would take to create an account. Clearly you can't wait to make an account. Just make one and stop using it if it sucks.

bholdr
10-27-2005, 01:09 AM
"-do it, but its not that cool.
-meh"

my thoughts exactly.

bholdr
10-27-2005, 01:10 AM
do it annonomusly or under my real info/name?... i know a little gnome that would be happy to help me out.

also, no i am not 17. i am 26.

Jack of Arcades
10-27-2005, 01:11 AM
facebook + myspace + livejournal = me getting laid.

ThaSaltCracka
10-27-2005, 01:12 AM
[ QUOTE ]
"-do it, but its not that cool.
-meh"

my thoughts exactly.

[/ QUOTE ]I would say that if you had several out of state friends, then it is worth it, because it is easy to keep in touch with people. Although, it seems that tons of chicks 18-30 are signing up for myspace. It may be worth it just to have an account just for that, so that if you meet some broad, and she is on there, you can reference your account. You wouldn't even have to check it either, because they e-mail you when you have a message, etc.

bholdr
10-27-2005, 01:13 AM
"You spent way more time making that post and poll than it would take to create an account. Clearly you can't wait to make an account. Just make one and stop using it if it sucks."

really? most people's pages look like they take some effort.

i think i'll make a gag acct first and then go for it if it's entertaining.

as usual, and as i expected, the 'Meh's' have it. OOT remains an island of continuity in a sea of change. ahhhhhh... [/relaxed sigh]

ThaSaltCracka
10-27-2005, 01:14 AM
[ QUOTE ]

as usual, and as i expected, the 'Meh's' have it. OOT remains an island of continuity in a sea of change. ahhhhhh... [/relaxed sigh]

[/ QUOTE ]wait till tomorrow, you don't have enough votes yet.

bholdr
10-27-2005, 01:15 AM
"wait till tomorrow, you don't have enough votes yet."

if you're implying something about sample size... i swear to god... /images/graemlins/mad.gif

j/k

tonypaladino
10-27-2005, 01:23 AM
[ QUOTE ]
do it annonomusly or under my real info/name?... i know a little gnome that would be happy to help me out.

also, no i am not 17. i am 26.

[/ QUOTE ]

sign up with your real name, but don't make it your displayed name, so people you know can search for you.

BreakEvenPlayer
10-27-2005, 01:47 AM
Pros = Hot chicks, cool people you've forgotten about from high school/ college getting in touch with you.

Cons = Ugly chicks, people you didn't want to remember from high school/ college getting in touch with you.

I would do it. Also I've been on it for almost a year and never had any problems with adware/spyware.

Tron
10-27-2005, 01:49 AM
Only set up an account if you promise to be my friend.

Klepton
10-27-2005, 02:00 AM
i think this could be a good thread to tell the story of myspace girl .01, myspace girl #1 (choky), myspace girl #2 (unnamed), and myspace girl #3 (the horror)