PDA

View Full Version : Before I go to sleep at night,

KaneKungFu123
10-26-2005, 11:42 PM
I often end up taking a notepad and writing a whole bunch of things I want to do "starting tommorow", some short-term other long-term.

for instance, a list will look like this:

start stretching routine

stop tilting, just be patient. play your A game at all times

find about party rakeback

book plane ticket to nov festivals in Issan

find a way to actually start talking to dad again

get a haircut

buy adapter cable

add more pages to passport

delete passwords on computer

invest in EFT's

call ING bank

start writing more

dont waste so much of your life on poker

go to the sea

And it goes on and on. Right before I go to sleep I'm ready to work hard at doing all of these things, but Ill fall asleep and when I wake up its entirely different. Sometimes it feels like I just do nothing all day, then at nighttime I am reminded of Pink Floyd's "Time". Before I go to sleep I have all the answers and don't want myself to forget in the morning, almost reminds me of Memento.

Does anyone else do this?

istewart
10-26-2005, 11:47 PM
I like your avatar.

jokerthief
10-26-2005, 11:50 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I like your avatar.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why?

NLSoldier
10-26-2005, 11:57 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
yes, but I rarely write it down. I should write it down more often.

rwesty
10-26-2005, 11:59 PM
Yes, I go through almost those exact emotions. It seems frustrating, but as time passes my list continues to change so I must be accomplishing something.

RRRRICK
10-27-2005, 12:03 AM
No,

I tend to pass out into a deep coma like sleep.

I'll think about tomorrow, tomorrow

jason_t
10-27-2005, 12:11 AM
I have found that the times in my life when I am in the habit of doing go more smoothly and less stressful than the times when I don't.

Klepton
10-27-2005, 12:12 AM
wow. i'm gonna start doin this.

chisness
10-27-2005, 12:35 AM
i keep longer term things on my computer and write daily things down in the morning and carry them around with me (which is also added to throughout the day). the thing i absolutely hate the most is thinking of something and not writing it down and not knowing what it was. i just can't stop thinking about it forever.

theBruiser500
10-27-2005, 12:54 AM
yes, it's kind of made me more stressful because i have all these things to do. have certainly become more productive but i am left with the feeling that i could always do more to do everything on "list". know what i mean? do you play any sports? try getting excercise in during the day then you will feel better about doing your stuff and you will get it done.

A_C_Slater
10-27-2005, 12:54 AM
[ QUOTE ]
i keep longer term things on my computer and write daily things down in the morning and carry them around with me (which is also added to throughout the day). the thing i absolutely hate the most is thinking of something and not writing it down and not knowing what it was. i just can't stop thinking about it forever.

[/ QUOTE ]

That is just silly. If you can't remember what it was it's not important.

kyro
10-27-2005, 01:03 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Um...no. I usually just rub one out and call it a day.

Jack of Arcades
10-27-2005, 01:07 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Um...no. I usually just rub one out and call it a day.

[/ QUOTE ]

J_V
10-27-2005, 01:23 AM
I do the same thing. I'm much more motivated at night and not much of a morning person.

I am a big believer in writing down goals for the day. I think you are muddling some of your long term and short term goals. You can't go to the sea and play your A game and not waste time on poker in the same day. Break them up, make them realistic and try to get them all done in a day at any cost.

[ QUOTE ]
Sometimes it feels like I just do nothing all day, then at nighttime I am reminded of Pink Floyd's "Time".

[/ QUOTE ]

That exactly describes what I go through. I don't have a solution to the problem, but I'm sure it has a biological/hormonal answer.

10-27-2005, 01:28 AM
[ QUOTE ]
call ING bank

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't call them unless you have to. They ban people who use their CS too much.

gamblore99
10-27-2005, 01:44 AM
I usuall make the same kinda list. but it is a lot more short term. Helps me organize things to do. and then i try to set time for everything quickley. usually i get most done. I like the ideas of some of those long term goals. I also like that ocean goal. that is just cool.

Spladle Master
10-27-2005, 02:37 AM
No, I pretty much do the things I want to do and am content with my life.

jason_t
10-27-2005, 02:42 AM
[ QUOTE ]
yes, it's kind of made me more stressful because i have all these things to do.

[/ QUOTE ]

I find when I don't write things down, if I try to think about the things that I have to do I find this tangled web of things and I sometimes forget some and sometimes forget what I have done and it leads to a lot of unnecessary stress. But when I write things down, everything appears nice and neat and I can see what I've done and I don't have to stop and think so much.

Escape
10-27-2005, 03:19 AM
/images/graemlins/frown.gif Not the only one with a Shin Chan avatar anymore.

jason_t
10-27-2005, 04:13 AM
[ QUOTE ]
:( Not the only one with a Shin Chan avatar anymore.

[/ QUOTE ]

Who?

Malachii
10-27-2005, 04:28 AM
I have to say, out of all the sexy chicks that make avatars, yours is by far the classiest and best looking. Nice choice.

1800GAMBLER
10-27-2005, 04:32 AM
I've tried mental listings and writing them down, either way it doesn't motivate me to do things, then i just get self frustrated once a month. from a recent email i writen:

[ QUOTE ]
I'm back to my once per month unhappiness in which i do the whole setting goals thing then never stick to them. I'm just unhappy lately with the fact that i'm doing nothing, i have no routine, no goals, nothing different. My attention span has gone with poker and building the new website and i'm doing myself more harm than good with those. it's like i like causing myself harm with them, maybe i subconciously feel i shouldn't have achieved so well/luckily so i'm trying to damage them. pokerwise i should be making hay while the weather is good, but i'm not.

I do other stupid things like this. there are certain things that in the long run would be a huge benefit to me and i can visualise the long run yet i don't stick to it. going the gym is a huge benefit to me, i feel a lot better every single day when i go 3 times a week, yet i wont. i know getting a bad sleep pattern makes me really shitty, yet i do it to myself. i know sitting in this room annoys me yet i'll sit at the comp for hours and hours. i know sending off for my licence would be great for me to have a car and to be able to randomly drive to scotland and hike for a weekend would be amazing yet i don't. i don't know why i do these things _against_ myself but i do them pretty often.

[/ QUOTE ]

i shouldn't have even found this thread, i should have been playing.

jakethebake
10-28-2005, 07:46 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Me too.

Also, for people that do this kind of thing, I'd recommend this book. (http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0671708821/104-7017253-6928708?v=glance&n=283155&n=507846&s=books&v=glanc e)

chisness
10-28-2005, 08:40 AM
partially true. but it definitely doesn't stop it from bugging me for at least a few hours while i try to think about it. also what sometimes happens is i think of something and write it down but then can't read it later.

ChipWrecked
10-28-2005, 08:42 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Me too.

Also, for people that do this kind of thing, I'd recommend this book. (http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0671708821/104-7017253-6928708?v=glance&n=283155&n=507846&s=books&v=glanc e)

[/ QUOTE ]

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v382/aksooted/0671708821.jpg

"Will you stop touching me?"
"What?"
"Stop touching me!"
"What?"

canis582
10-28-2005, 09:14 AM
Yeah, stop being a donator at 50-100nl on UB. You and Arbitary make that game worth while.