PDA

View Full Version : $33 Bubble with Jacks

bones
10-26-2005, 11:42 PM
Shorty was desperately trying to make the money, folding the most obvious pushing situations. UTG's limp didnt worry me at all. Anybody muck/call this?

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t200 (4 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx (http://www.zerodivide.cx/converter)

Hero (t1410)
BB (t2010)
UTG (t4140)
Button (t440)

Preflop: Hero is SB with J/images/graemlins/spade.gif, J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
UTG calls t200, Button folds, Hero pushes, BB calls, UTG folds

Flop: (t500) K/images/graemlins/club.gif, Q/images/graemlins/club.gif, J/images/graemlins/club.gif 2 players)</font>

Turn: (t500) 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif (2 players)</font>

River: (t500) 6/images/graemlins/club.gif [2 players)</font>

Final Pot: t500

lastchance
10-26-2005, 11:43 PM
Nah, I don't fold here.

bluefeet
10-26-2005, 11:47 PM
gotsta push IMO. another swipe of the blinds, and you're down there with button-puss. with your FE on BB, you're picking up this pot a HUGE majority of the time (as i'm sure the others have noticed what you have).

10-27-2005, 12:16 AM
this is an automatic push and I know stanzee would agree. But then there is a low stack so pushing could be dumb.

kyro
10-27-2005, 12:18 AM
I push this in a flash if I don't expect UTG to attempt any trickiness.

10-27-2005, 12:19 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

what about the shortstack. Wait him out. Pushing this might be retarded. Jacks do not mean you will win.

kyro
10-27-2005, 12:22 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

what about the shortstack. Wait him out. Pushing this might be retarded. Jacks do not mean you will win.

[/ QUOTE ]

No, it doesn't mean you will win. It means you are likely to win even in the offchance that either of the other two players call. You are not big enough and shorty isn't short enough to wait him out. By the time he gets blinded off, you may have a BB or 2 left to survive on...and that's IF you're still around. Take the 500 chips in the pot, and if you get called, rest easy knowing there's a good chance that you will double up and have a much better chance at cashing first.

Doc
10-27-2005, 12:23 AM
Maybe I'm reckless, but I'm pushing as fast as I can click.I think I stand a heck of a good chance to double up if someone wants to call.

If I am wrong, please show me the error of my thinking.

Thanks,

Doc

10-27-2005, 12:26 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Maybe I'm reckless, but I'm pushing as fast as I can click.I think I stand a heck of a good chance to double up if someone wants to call.

Thanks,

Doc

[/ QUOTE ]

The trouble is someone will call with a suited connector to try and outdraw you.

kyro
10-27-2005, 01:45 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Thanks,

Doc

[/ QUOTE ]

The good thing is someone will call with a suited connector to try and outdraw you.

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP.

Off topic. I was just in a SNG where we were on the bubble and I called a push from the shorty with JJ. He had 87s and hit trips on the river. I went from dominating chip lead to out on the bubble. I am going to go punch something now.

tigerite
10-27-2005, 04:50 AM
Easy push.