PDA

View Full Version : Concerts you've attended which you struggle to admit to?

RRRRICK
10-26-2005, 11:36 PM
When I was a teenager I went to see British Band Bros in concert.
Being Australian not sure if these guys were popular in the US.
Regardless these guys were totally gay and to make matters worse I didn't go because of a chick, I went because I liked there music.

Phew been carrying that around for too long.

Come OOT fess up, what crap concerts did you attend.

Surely theres a Milli Vanilli out there

TheBlueMonster
10-26-2005, 11:37 PM
saw Dashboard Confessional once....of course they were opening for Beck so I don't feel too bad.

LethalRose
10-26-2005, 11:38 PM
Kenny Chesney

RRRRICK
10-26-2005, 11:38 PM
[ QUOTE ]
saw Dashboard Confessional once....of course they were opening for Beck so I don't feel too bad.

[/ QUOTE ]

Doesn't count Beck is cool

Edge34
10-26-2005, 11:40 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Kenny Chesney

[/ QUOTE ]

You're struggling to admit to that? I'm sorry you didn't enjoy a talented performer actually singing.

*Cue played-out "redneck crap" comments...* /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

man
10-26-2005, 11:42 PM
fenix tx and harvey danger at the hatch shell in Boston. I was like 14. forgive me, I didn't know what I was doing. but it was free. and it was like the first time I ever grabbed a girl's ass.

10-26-2005, 11:44 PM
I got roped into going to an Aqua concert. No, Im serious. /images/graemlins/frown.gif

RRRRICK
10-26-2005, 11:45 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I got roped into going to an Aqua concert. No, Im serious. /images/graemlins/frown.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

We have a new leader, can anyone top this?

jokerthief
10-26-2005, 11:46 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Kenny Chesney

[/ QUOTE ]

You're struggling to admit to that? I'm sorry you didn't enjoy a talented performer actually singing.

*Cue played-out "redneck crap" comments...* /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

This only makes it better. (smiling very hard right now)

10-26-2005, 11:46 PM
The worst by far was Information Society, if anyone remembers them. It was one of those horrid '80s synthesizer bands. The second worse was Rush and I don't recall much except that there was a large electric rabbit and a lot of *cough mj* smoke. Since then, I have sworn only to attend concerts that I know won't suck.

zuluking
10-26-2005, 11:48 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

We have a new leader, can anyone top this?

[/ QUOTE ]

The Captain and Tennille...don't ask.

jokerthief
10-26-2005, 11:49 PM
Pantera, White Zombie. Cartman would call me a hippy, I listen to DMB, Stringed Cheese Incident, Phish, and other hippy bands normally. Needless to say, I didn't belong at a Pantera/White Zombie concert.

rohjoh
10-26-2005, 11:53 PM
Went to Tears for Fears this year, and I hate to admit they were pretty good.

tonypaladino
10-27-2005, 12:00 AM
I've never been to a concert in my life. It's embarassing.

10-27-2005, 12:10 AM
MC Hammer, i was 10 dressed in Hammer pants

bluefeet
10-27-2005, 12:12 AM
Loverboy - circa 1981

JihadOnTheRiver
10-27-2005, 12:15 AM
The first concert I ever went to was MC Hammer, Too Legit To Quit, tour. I was dancing the whole time if I remember correctly.

-Jihad

2+2 wannabe
10-27-2005, 12:16 AM
Savage Garden

Sponger15SB
10-27-2005, 12:17 AM
I went to see Alanis Morisette in 6th grade.... with my parents.

It was sold out so my dad had to bribe a security guard to let us in.

fsuplayer
10-27-2005, 12:28 AM
toby keith.

Klepton
10-27-2005, 12:41 AM
dashboard opening for weezer /images/graemlins/frown.gif

razor
10-27-2005, 12:41 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

opening bands don't count, unless you went specifically to see them.

Jack of Arcades
10-27-2005, 12:56 AM
Train and Matchbox 20.

kyro
10-27-2005, 01:19 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Train and Matchbox 20.

[/ QUOTE ]

I would pay money to see both those bands in concert.

PoBoy321
10-27-2005, 01:23 AM
When I was in 6th grade, I went with my sister, my cousin and my mom to see the Spice Girls.

Tron
10-27-2005, 01:23 AM
*NSYNC. Or is it N*SYNC. Or N*S*Y*N*C. Anyway, it was that band Justin Timberlake was in.

DarkForceRising
10-27-2005, 01:29 AM
KISS. Free ticket from a friend who just got dumped by some chick. They suck. If you've seen one of their videos you've seen the concert.

10-27-2005, 01:44 AM
John Mayer, not on a date. I kind of liked it too.

gamblore99
10-27-2005, 01:48 AM
dashboard, alanis morrisette, savage garden. I like all these bands...

I went to see dashboard and alanis. Usually not ashamed, but sometimes depending on the crowd, I don't make an effort to let everyone know.

Big Bend
10-27-2005, 01:51 AM
[ QUOTE ]
KISS. Free ticket from a friend who just got dumped by some chick. They suck. If you've seen one of their videos you've seen the concert.

[/ QUOTE ]

What?@?!! Blasphemy! I'm 41 years old, saw Kiss several times from 1979 - 2004, loved their shows.. Don't get me wrong I love all kinds of "good" music like blues, jazz, etc.. but I still get a charge when I hear "I Want to Rock n Roll All Night, and Party Every Day". Great stuff!

Worst concerts - Journey & Styx come to mind.

L8r.. BB

BobboFitos
10-27-2005, 01:55 AM
[ QUOTE ]
toby keith.

[/ QUOTE ]

why would you be ashamed of that/ toby keith rules

stabn
10-27-2005, 01:56 AM
dc talk.

DarkForceRising
10-27-2005, 01:59 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

What?@?!! Blasphemy! I'm 41 years old, saw Kiss several times from 1979 - 2004, loved their shows.. Don't get me wrong I love all kinds of "good" music like blues, jazz, etc.. but I still get a charge when I hear "I Want to Rock n Roll All Night, and Party Every Day". Great stuff!

Worst concerts - Journey & Styx come to mind.

L8r.. BB

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not backing down on the KISS review but we are on the same page with Styx. Usually when I see a band that I am not a fan of I wind up developing an appreciation for them by the end of the show. Styx, however, reinforced any previous contempt I had for their gay-ass bullshit art-rock. They absolutely [censored] suck.

Gotta confess, though. Didn't like Journey 'till I saw 'em live. /images/graemlins/blush.gif

Spladle Master
10-27-2005, 02:31 AM
I have never been to a musical concert.

tdp
10-27-2005, 02:48 AM
[ QUOTE ]
The second worse was Rush

[/ QUOTE ]
YSSCKY
One of the greatest bands ever

flatline
10-27-2005, 02:48 AM
I saw Color Me Badd.

I think I win this thread.

BWebb
10-27-2005, 03:05 AM
I went to a Britney Spears concert before she got real slutty (oops I did it again timeframe).
I've also been to a Tony Toni Tone concert.

Dex
10-27-2005, 03:42 AM
Michael Jackson.

edtost
10-27-2005, 04:01 AM
nine days. (hs gf was a fan)

mason55
10-27-2005, 04:22 AM
[ QUOTE ]
fenix tx and harvey danger at the hatch shell in Boston. I was like 14. forgive me, I didn't know what I was doing. but it was free. and it was like the first time I ever grabbed a girl's ass.

[/ QUOTE ]

Fenix TX opening for Good Charlotte opening for New Found Glory.

TheMetetron
10-27-2005, 04:28 AM
[ QUOTE ]
*NSYNC. Or is it N*SYNC. Or N*S*Y*N*C. Anyway, it was that band Justin Timberlake was in.

[/ QUOTE ]

Same. Of course, I worked for a radio station back then and kind of had to go.

TheHip41
10-27-2005, 04:46 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
The second worse was Rush

[/ QUOTE ]
YSSCKY
One of the greatest bands ever

[/ QUOTE ]

You must not like outstanding musicians performing songs. It sounds like there are 8 guys out there. Amazing band.

Seadood228
10-27-2005, 04:47 AM
My first concert was Olivia Newton John when I was 8. I had a thing for her, and my parents were nice enough to let me see her in concert.

My last concert was Ashlee Simpson with my neice.

In between there are plenty more gay ones.

tonypaladino
10-27-2005, 04:48 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Same. Of course, I worked for a radio station back then and kind of had to go.

[/ QUOTE ]

you guys win

Seadood228
10-27-2005, 04:48 AM
TTT rocked..

daveymck
10-27-2005, 04:54 AM
[ QUOTE ]
When I was a teenager I went to see British Band Bros in concert.
Being Australian not sure if these guys were popular in the US.
Regardless these guys were totally gay and to make matters worse I didn't go because of a chick, I went because I liked there music.

[/ QUOTE ]

I quite liked Bros as well which is totally gay, I think the drummer brother went on to do some metal stuff later in his career, they were a 2 hit wonder must have been 87-88 was around the time I found music and was buying smash hits. The other big song I was into at that time was Belinda Carlisle and heaven on earth.

Then I heard Maiden on the chart show and that was it my musical fate was sealed.

Thankfully didnt goto any concerts in that time and so dont really have any embarresing ones.

shaniac
10-27-2005, 04:56 AM
Kenny G.

(I win).

2+2 wannabe
10-27-2005, 06:27 AM
[ QUOTE ]
dashboard, alanis morrisette, savage garden. I like all these bands...

I went to see dashboard and alanis. Usually not ashamed, but sometimes depending on the crowd, I don't make an effort to let everyone know.

[/ QUOTE ]

fwiw, the savage garden concert was quite good

stigmata
10-27-2005, 06:34 AM
I saw Bros too. Phew. I said it.

My sister was a massive fan, and my Mum took both of us. I was only like 10 or something, and my Mum didn't want to leave me at home.

When, will I, will I, be famous?

daveymck
10-27-2005, 06:36 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Drop the boy was better /images/graemlins/blush.gif, my sister was into Wham so at least I dint have to contend with any brossettes.

stigmata
10-27-2005, 06:41 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Drop the boy was better /images/graemlins/blush.gif, my sister was into Wham so at least I dint have to contend with any brossettes.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah it was terrible.... she had the Grolsch bottle tops on her Doc. Martins and everthing. Funny thing was she got a new boyfriend, and within a weekend all the posters came down and she was suddenly a Goth/Metal chick. Teenage girls, huh.

zephed
10-27-2005, 06:52 AM
Elton John a few months ago. It was mostly mediocre, although I really liked a few of his songs.

I saw the Eagles in '93 or '94, it was just ok. I liked them back then, I don't know why. I think they pretty much suck, now.

DukeSucks
10-27-2005, 08:02 AM
Color Me Badd, hardcore Vanilla Ice, Britney Spears, and Alanis Morisette

imported_The Vibesman
10-27-2005, 08:23 AM
Saw the Scorpions once, but only because Alice Cooper was opening. Alice's set was good, then the Scorpions came out singing "Tease Me, Please Me." I almost threw up. We left after four songs, during which we never stopped heckling them.

Slow Play Ray
10-27-2005, 08:31 AM
Bruce Springsteen - I stayed for 4 songs.

Also Bon Jovi/Skid Row, but I really don't mind admitting that on; it was a great show!

imported_The Vibesman
10-27-2005, 08:48 AM
[ QUOTE ]

Also Bon Jovi/Skid Row, but I really don't mind admitting that on; it was a great show!

[/ QUOTE ]

Words cannot express the sadness this statement causes me. What next, you'll say you walked out of a Stevie Ray Vaughan show, but the Britney Spears concert wasn't bad at all?

Slow Play Ray
10-27-2005, 09:08 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Words cannot express the sadness this statement causes me. What next, you'll say you walked out of a Stevie Ray Vaughan show, but the Britney Spears concert wasn't bad at all?

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry, but I hate Bruce Springsteen. I know some people love him, but I just don't see the appeal.

As for the Bon Jovi/Skid Row thing...I was in 8th grade, it was my first concert, and at the time it was by far the coolest thing I had ever done. But then again, I would still today rather see a Skid Row show than a Bruce Springsteen show.../images/graemlins/grin.gif

WDC
10-27-2005, 09:35 AM
Don't know if this counts as a concert but these bands all played at RibFest and i saw them all

Credence Clearwater Revisted
Styx (with I think only one original member)
Pat Benatar
Loverboy
Speedwagon( I think a couple of originals from REO)

10-27-2005, 07:24 PM
The Oak Ridge Boys...I don't want to talk about it

RRRRICK
10-27-2005, 07:30 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah it was terrible.... she had the Grolsch bottle tops on her Doc. Martins and everthing. Funny thing was she got a new boyfriend, and within a weekend all the posters came down and she was suddenly a Goth/Metal chick. Teenage girls, huh.

[/ QUOTE ]

You are bringing back all sorts of memories

bdk3clash
10-27-2005, 07:30 PM
No Doubt + Goldfinger at the Metro in Chicago. It was actually a pretty good show.

ghostface
10-27-2005, 07:56 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I've never been to a concert in my life.

[/ QUOTE ]

man
10-27-2005, 07:57 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Fenix TX opening for Good Charlotte opening for New Found Glory.

[/ QUOTE ]
ouch, you win.

Luv2DriveTT
10-27-2005, 07:57 PM
Iron Maiden. ewwwwwwww

TT /images/graemlins/club.gif

Rick Nebiolo
10-27-2005, 08:01 PM
Deep Purple

mslif
10-27-2005, 08:02 PM
New Kids on The Block /images/graemlins/frown.gif /images/graemlins/frown.gif /images/graemlins/frown.gif

lautzutao
10-27-2005, 08:04 PM
Fionna Apple immediately after the Butterball Fiasco

Dex
10-27-2005, 08:09 PM
[ QUOTE ]
New Kids on The Block /images/graemlins/frown.gif /images/graemlins/frown.gif /images/graemlins/frown.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

You win. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

chucksim
10-27-2005, 08:19 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Loverboy - circa 1981

[/ QUOTE ]

Survivor, Loverboy, Eddie Money, circa 2002. GF at the time loved Eddie Money, they were in Atlantic City. No brainer. I must admit, Eddie Money was pretty good. I spent most of the show saying "I didn't know he sang that". Crowd was mullet city.

Bigdaddydvo
10-27-2005, 08:41 PM
A free Villiage People concert in Pittsburgh over 4th of July weekend some years back.

Also a free Vanilla Ice show at Club 600 North in Daytona Beach over Spring Break in 2000.

Luv2DriveTT
10-27-2005, 08:44 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Deep Purple

[/ QUOTE ]

Smoke on the Water! How can you be embarrassed of that?

TT

CCass
10-27-2005, 09:08 PM
Rick Springfield.

10-27-2005, 09:08 PM
[ QUOTE ]
The Oak Ridge Boys...I don't want to talk about it

[/ QUOTE ]

OMFG, I am so sorry for you! /images/graemlins/frown.gif

RRRRICK
10-27-2005, 09:13 PM
IMO at the moment it's probably a tie between New Kids and Colour Me Badd.

Whilst no one has come forward with Milli Vanilli, this would beat the forementioned. MV aside I believe there is another.

Can anyone guess?

2+2 wannabe
10-27-2005, 09:15 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Whilst no one has come forward with Milli Vanilli, this would beat the forementioned. MV aside I believe there is another.

Can anyone guess?

[/ QUOTE ]

ricky martin?

RRRRICK
10-27-2005, 09:19 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Can anyone guess?

[/ QUOTE ]

ricky martin?

[/ QUOTE ]

Hint: Two pre pubecent African American Boys.

2+2 wannabe
10-27-2005, 09:31 PM
criss cross?

crosse91
10-27-2005, 09:33 PM
Kris Kross?

RRRRICK
10-27-2005, 09:37 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Kris Kross?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yep I think that would close to unbeatable

crosse91
10-27-2005, 09:45 PM
nah dude, they'll make you jump and tell you how they missed the bus.

DRD66
10-27-2005, 10:51 PM
The Pat and Debbie Boone White Christmas tour.

I'm serious.

Not only attended, but had to work at. I saw this wonder-bread, diabetes-inducing schlock-fest 7 times. I have seen a depressing number of the bands mentioned in this thread, and I assure you Pat&Debbie are contenders.

Someone top this. Please.

nomadtla
10-27-2005, 11:17 PM
Newsboys was my first concert (if anyone knows them). Britney Spears (pre-sluty) with a questionably gay dude cause the tickets were free and I love music probably to much. Def Leopard, which I went to because the lead singer came into the theater I worked at at the time and I recognized him thanks to hours of "Behind The Music" (and yes I got his autograph when he came out of the movie). Rod Stewart is deffinately up there. But one that I'm not at all ashamed of but probably should be is Gin Blossoms, Spin Doctors, 7 Mary 3, and Sponge together. This was in 2002 (long after they were popular) and of my own desire, and one of the most enjoyable shows I've ever been to.

xadrez
10-27-2005, 11:24 PM
Hmmm

This is going to probably be a tie between Air Supply and Rusted Root.

Im not sure which was more traumatic

bobbyi
10-28-2005, 12:30 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Doesn't count Beck is cool

[/ QUOTE ]
I got stuck seeing them when they opened for Weezer. Does that count? I actually had never heard of them before, and boy did they suck.

bobbyi
10-28-2005, 12:36 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Pantera, White Zombie. Cartman would call me a hippy, I listen to DMB, Stringed Cheese Incident, Phish, and other hippy bands normally. Needless to say, I didn't belong at a Pantera/White Zombie concert.

[/ QUOTE ]
That certainly isn't "needless to say". I spent a summer on phish tour. I've seen (and can spell) string cheese and seen DMB a couple times (also moe., sound tribe, "the dead", etc., etc.). And a white zombie/ pantera show sounds to me like it would be sick. I saw pantera at the first ozzfest and thought it was great, but unfortunately never got to see white zombie. I love live music and other than the "jambands", the bands with the best live shows are usually metal bands.

RRRRICK
10-28-2005, 12:39 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
That certainly isn't "needless to say". I spent a summer on phish tour. I've seen (and can spell) string cheese and seen DMB a couple times (also moe., sound tribe, "the dead", etc., etc.). And a white zombie/ pantera show sounds to me like it would be sick. I saw pantera at the first ozzfest and thought it was great, but unfortunately never got to see white zombie. I love live music and other than the "jambands", the bands with the best live shows are usually metal bands.

[/ QUOTE ]

I saw Pantera many years ago on the Stronger than All tour and they were awesome.

daveymck
10-28-2005, 06:52 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Iron Maiden. ewwwwwwww

TT /images/graemlins/club.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I have seen them 5 or 6 times and am definatley not embarressed to have seen them, one of the most consistant good live bands around.