PDA

View Full Version : Put Clark and Majorkong on hands

Clarkmeister
06-10-2003, 12:01 AM
This is a tough one since we are in the blinds. But try for a range of hands.

4-8 Mandalay Bay, 1+2 blinds from a shade over a month ago.

3 limpers to Bob T on the button who folds, it is my SB, I will complete with any 2 cards for $1. I complete. Majorkong checks the option in the BB.

Flop: [Qs 9s 6c] I bet, Majorkong raises, all others fold, I call.

Turn: [Qs 9s 6c] 7h I check-call.

River: [Qs 9s 6c 7h] 5s. I bet, Majorkong thinks for a full 30 seconds and raises. I think for like 10 seconds and call.

Vehn
06-10-2003, 12:31 AM
I sure as hell hope you didn't call without an eight.

Bob T.
06-10-2003, 01:14 AM
As a witness, I feel like I should remember, but I don't. It might have something to do with trying to drink more corona's than we paid in rake. Fortunately I didn't have to pay much rake that night. /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

My guess is
CM Jx /forums/images/icons/spade.gif But probably not J8, or JT, because you might have put in more action on the flop with either of those hands.
MK Kx /forums/images/icons/spade.gif Most likely K6 of spades. Second choice K7.

AJo Go All In
06-10-2003, 01:30 AM
clark: Q5o
majorkong: 98o

JTG51
06-10-2003, 01:31 AM
This really depends on how drunk you guys were. /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

I think you could have a small flush or a straight with something like Q8. I think you'd call his river bet without the 10 seconds of thought with the straight, so I'm going with a small flush, 7s2s. You thought briefly about a 3-bet since his flop play didn't look like a flush draw. Then again, you could have made two pair on the river. Ah, I've never been any good at reading hands.

I can't imagine majorkong raising the river without a flush, but his flop play looks like a pair. How about Js6s?

I can't wait to see how far off I am.

rigoletto
06-10-2003, 04:57 AM
Clarkmeister: 62s

Kong: Q8o

ResidentParanoid
06-10-2003, 10:40 AM
Clark: 2 8

Major: Q x, maybe for two pair

Clarkmeister
06-10-2003, 10:42 AM
Close!

I had 89c for flopped middle pair and "double backdoor draw".
Majorkong had the Q5o for rivered 2 pair.

I was mad at myself for not 3-betting the river. With blinds that size and me betting, he isn't going to knock the field out of that tiny pot without a made hand. So the best he could do is chop me with a hand like Q8, and more likely he has 2 pair or a set. There's no way he could have the flush, and after the fact I was kicking myself for not value 3-betting. The pause was, in fact, a consideration of reraising, but in the heat of battle I couldn't pull the trigger.

Bob T.
06-10-2003, 10:50 AM
I think I remember overestimating the strength of both of your hands at the table also.

ResidentParanoid
06-10-2003, 11:01 AM
89 for the pair on the flop makes more sense than my prediction of 82. I was thinking you bet with open-ender on the flop, but 82 doesn't give it to you. oops. I was close for major...

hutz
06-10-2003, 12:07 PM
Same here. I'm replying without having seen the results. I don't give either one credit for a flush, because (unless he was acting) there would be no need for MK to think before raising the river and I'd expect Clarkmeister to 3-bet a flush on the river. I'm giving MK credit for Q8 or 98 and Clarky (I hope for his sake) a junk hand with an 8 in it.

One caveat: Clark likely recognizes that MK recognizes that Clark plays hyper-aggressively, especially heads-up and especially against someone like MK who is capable of making a "tough fold." Clark bet out on a very scary card. If Clark figures MK may be playing back at him, Clark might call down with a hand as low as bottom pair/weak kicker.

rigoletto
06-10-2003, 12:51 PM
but in the heat of battle I couldn't pull the trigger

Don't join the army /forums/images/icons/smirk.gif

elysium
06-10-2003, 02:11 PM
hi clark
you have J8 and major has KT spades.

elysium
06-10-2003, 02:18 PM

mauisupaman
06-10-2003, 05:05 PM
I'm sorry, but if someone could help me: Is it often profitable to raise in Majorkong's position with top pair, a weak kicker, no additional draws, and three people left to act?
Thanks for the help,
Adam

elysium
06-10-2003, 07:12 PM
hi maui
this is a very close decision between raising and folding. major knows that clark plays loose out of the SB, and that is the important factor in the game here, and why clark mentions it. major knows that the MP's are stronger than clark, but the MP's think that major would never raise unless he had a strong hand because at least clark will call. so these MP's do not know that clark plays loose from the SB. and facing the over-caller to the raise, they fold what are likely better hands, collectively anyway.