PDA

View Full Version : Depressed, need advice.

10-26-2005, 11:14 PM
Hi, I'm new here, and this seemed like a good place to go for advice.

I'm taking a difficult course in my major field of study, and having a very hard time academically. I'm really trying, but this teacher really seems to be one of those condescending, standoffish types, you know? I really think he doesn't notice or care.

I screwed up the first graded assignemnt quite badly, and it was really really discouraging. And, I mean, when I got it back, the least he could have done was give me some kind of message to let me know where I stood. But nothing! And then to top it all off I was sick and missed the next class, so now I bet he REALLY hates me...

I want to succeed in the class, but I'm getting nothing from this guy. I feel awful, and just don't know what to do. /images/graemlins/frown.gif Any advice would be appreciated, guys.

I just took the midterm today, though, and I studied really hard, so I really have high hopes. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

- John

jokerthief
10-26-2005, 11:19 PM
#1. This isn't the place to find sympathy.

#2. Quit drinking if you are.

#3. Look into getting antidepressants if you still feel bad. Drinking will nullify the antidepressants. This is why you need to do #2 before this step. Don't be ashamed to get on antidepressants, they are as common as orange juice these days.

Good luck to you.

cdxx
10-26-2005, 11:20 PM
wow, a failed assignment. YSSCKY.

kipin
10-26-2005, 11:22 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I just took the midterm today, though, and I studied really hard, so I really have high hopes.

[/ QUOTE ]

I predict you will get a 2.5%.

RRRRICK
10-26-2005, 11:22 PM
[ QUOTE ]
wow, a failed assignment. YSSCKY.

[/ QUOTE ]

Damm beat me too it /images/graemlins/cool.gif

Sponger15SB
10-26-2005, 11:25 PM
You spent way too much time on something this unfunny.

DarkForceRising
10-27-2005, 12:34 AM
Tell your Prof that he needs to add a /images/graemlins/heart.gif after the failing grade for encouragement purposes.

Klepton
10-27-2005, 12:35 AM
this. is. amazing.

Eurotrash
10-27-2005, 12:39 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

are you serious? this got a good laugh out of me.

I think most people who have replied so far just don't get it... (not saying you don't, Sponger)

edit: ok, since I've posted this I see that a bunch of people who replied actually do get it.

InchoateHand
10-27-2005, 12:40 AM
I give you a 7/10, and I'm a very stingy grader. But I trust in your potential /images/graemlins/heart.gif <3

JihadOnTheRiver
10-27-2005, 12:45 AM
I woulda rather heard from one of the coeds that he nailed. But this is pretty good.

ChipWrecked
10-27-2005, 12:46 AM
Hey jason_t, are you being too hard on this kid? /images/graemlins/smirk.gif

Luv2DriveTT
10-27-2005, 12:48 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Hi, I'm new here

[/ QUOTE ]

Really? I would have never guessed. YSSCKYS?

TT /images/graemlins/club.gif

Tron
10-27-2005, 12:48 AM
Your depression isn't going to improve any when the man in my avatar beats your team's (probably) 11-0, (probably) 4th ranked bitch asses and destroys your dreams of a BCS bid.

phixxx
10-27-2005, 12:50 AM
I believe suicide is the answer in this case.

jokerthief
10-27-2005, 12:55 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

are you serious? this got a good laugh out of me.

I think most people who have replied so far just don't get it... (not saying you don't, Sponger)

edit: ok, since I've posted this I see that a bunch of people who replied actually do get it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Uhgg, I feel stupid. Da da ding jokerthief. Si, si, senor.

theBruiser500
10-27-2005, 12:59 AM
if you are trying it is not hard to pass a class. just ask to talk to him outside of class, go to his office then he will know you care. tell him you are trying your hardest, that you really want to do okay in the class do your work, do extra work and show it to him. keep TALKING to him about what you are doing

DarkForceRising
10-27-2005, 01:06 AM
[ QUOTE ]
if you are trying it is not hard to pass a class. just ask to talk to him outside of class, go to his office then he will know you care. tell him you are trying your hardest, that you really want to do okay in the class do your work, do extra work and show it to him. keep TALKING to him about what you are doing

[/ QUOTE ]

Also, you may consider wearing clothes that fit a lil' tighter than usual. This should help keep his attention while you explain how you will do ANYTHING for a passing grade. /images/graemlins/heart.gif

tonypaladino
10-27-2005, 01:08 AM
I laughed.

Blarg
10-27-2005, 02:14 AM
There's a psychology forum here. Go there. Some professionals hang out there all the time.

jason_t
10-27-2005, 02:15 AM
Dear John,

You should seriously consider killing yourself.

/images/graemlins/heart.gif,

Jason.

10-27-2005, 02:18 AM
Im an OOT noob, but since this thread is doomed anyway... what the [censored] does YSSCKYS mean?

jason_t
10-27-2005, 02:24 AM
http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y73/jason_t712/yssckyasdfa.jpg

The answer lies within.

CardSharpCook
10-27-2005, 02:28 AM
As a first post, I rate this an "F". No poker content on a poker forum. That is ok, as we have had a couple 1st posters break in well in OOT. But the requirement to do that is humor. This post contains no humor. There is suspicion over whether or not this is a gimmick account. As a gimmick, it kinda sucks. The post seems whiny. He says he is depressed, but only talks about one class at school. No story really. Very dissappointing. I expect more, even out of 1st posters. This is only the 2nd "F" I've handed out.

DarkForceRising
10-27-2005, 02:28 AM
It means "You should seriously consider killing yourself".

This is what very sensitive people who care a great deal about all downtroden groups (except those that fit into their snotty, elitist crew of assholes) say to new posters who are not familiar with 2+2 culture.

jason_t
10-27-2005, 02:31 AM
[ QUOTE ]

This is what very sensitive people who care a great deal about all downtroden groups (except those that fit into their snotty, elitist crew of assholes) say to new posters who are not familiar with 2+2 culture.

[/ QUOTE ]

Donnie, you're out of your element.

mason55
10-27-2005, 03:48 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Please dude... Asian American.

hobbsmann
10-27-2005, 03:58 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
The Chinaman is not the issue here.

ChipWrecked
10-27-2005, 04:02 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
The Chinaman is not the issue here.

[/ QUOTE ]

You are entering a world of pain.